Shoulder Cannon

sulaco1967

Hi this is my first post, creative wise. I am working on a predatoresq shoulder canon. Will not be movie specific or aqurate, just looking for something the looks cool.

Have been gifted/purloined this Ben Ten gun from one of my kids.

Took out the guts, thinking they might be usefull for something later.

How it looks with a bit of modification. Thinking it will be a good base to use and is surprisingly very sturdy and has a good centre of balance.

will update on its progress

Last edited by a moderator:
neat stuff. looks like it will make a great base for a pred cannon. are you planning on covering it and adding details in foam or did you have another material in mind?

[quote name='Vor'mekta' timestamp='1322157979' post='323866']
neat stuff. looks like it will make a great base for a pred cannon. are you planning on covering it and adding details in foam or did you have another material in mind?
[/quote]

Discovered a modeling putty called Miliput, totaly amazing to work with, actualy thinks it's alien technology..lol, will be using that for smoothing out the harsh lines. I made a visit to a local computer shop and got a box of old circuit boards, disk drives, fan units etc. I have been stripping these down and have found some wonderfull shapes and pieces which I will use for detail, particularly the fans which I plan to use at the rear of the cannon.

I have added some more detail to cannon using parts from pc.s. The piece is still sturdy despite the weight on back. I now plan to use some chicken bones to create a bio mechanical look. Local takeaway is keeping a load for me and will pick them up tommorow. Tried bleaching a few bones yesterday form a chicken we had from dinner and they are looking cool

Very nice work so far. It's funny what you can scavenge for parts when you build something like this. Our shopping lists look identical from when I built my toy based canon. lol

Thanks, yeah I find myself scouring charity shops and car boot sales for bits of things i can use. My partner laughs at all the strange pieces of junk I keep arriving home with and the kids keep bringing me bits of things they think I can use, however one was quite upset when he realised that I had cut up his lightsaber he had given me lol.

Have added some more detail including some bones from our chicken dinner the other night

Have being using 'Miliput' for detail however it is quite expensive (£3.99 for 4 oz). My local model shop suggested using 'Das' air dry clay however when using it on the rear of the cannon I noticed a few hairline cracks once it dried and am undecided.

Has anyone got any suggestions on materials to use or have experiences on working with 'Das'?...

Well i had to scrap project it was far too heavy too mount, however I may keep it and mount it as a static display piece.
I started on mark 2 version using the same gun as a base and tried to keep it as light as possible this time. Created the plasma chamber from peanut butter lids and wrapped rug gripper around the barrel for detail. Canabalised some of the kids toys and used bones to complete. Added a small bike led to the front for effect. It is now primed and ready for painting, some more detail still to be added. Have bolted on some brackets to bottom to attach to backpack.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back