Should I preOrder the licensed Locust Hammerburst ?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by outlander, Apr 30, 2012.

1. outlander

outlander Sr Member

I just got an eMail advertising the release of a licensed version of this by a company named TriForce. Looks pretty g, but at a price point of $800.00 bucks it better be. Anyone seen this in personj or know anything about it?

I would upload a picture of it but Photobucket requires FASH 10 which Apple IPhone does not support. It looks pretty good, it says it has LED effects. At $800.00 they are treading in WETA Dr. Grordbort's territory. I KNOW the quality of the Dr. G. Raygubs because I own three of them . But I am unfamiliar with TriForce and $800.00 is a little dear for something that feels like a toy.

Has anyone seen this in person?

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Re: Should I preOrder the licensed Locust Hammerburst from Gears of War

Or better yet, has anyone held the thing?

3. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

I think I remember hearing those were being made out of polystone?

It's beyond brittle, after having a few statues (and breakage incidents) I stay away from the stuff, it basically is plastic with limestone additives to cut costs.

4. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

Yes ( I love spending other people's money. ). ;)

5. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I was thinking about it, but being polystone, and that price, it turned me off

6. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

See, this is a BIG hint to gary if he goes forward with the idea of sony games props. ALWAYS USE PLASTIC.

We may not want to play with the item in question, but we want it to be able to fall off a shelf and not cost us more than our first car did :)

Gotta nth it, being polystone, avoid like crazy. Gonna chip like a *******, and when it does you can bet your bottom dollar you won't be able to find an exact paint match to fix it.

Chris

7. G17RDY

G17RDY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Got one already!! Hee Hee

Granted mines is the Original GOW Hammerburst - And yes it's not super accurate, but hey, i love it!

[​IMG]

8. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Yes, you haggis eating caber tossing Nessie loving kilt flouncer, I am aware of your cased weapon of cranial destruction. T'was your weapon that raised my interest in this weapon in the first place. Curse ye!