Should I preOrder the licensed Locust Hammerburst ?

outlander

Sr Member
I just got an eMail advertising the release of a licensed version of this by a company named TriForce. Looks pretty g, but at a price point of $800.00 bucks it better be. Anyone seen this in personj or know anything about it?

I would upload a picture of it but Photobucket requires FASH 10 which Apple IPhone does not support. It looks pretty good, it says it has LED effects. At $800.00 they are treading in WETA Dr. Grordbort's territory. I KNOW the quality of the Dr. G. Raygubs because I own three of them . But I am unfamiliar with TriForce and $800.00 is a little dear for something that feels like a toy.

Has anyone seen this in person?

Last edited:
Re: Should I preOrder the licensed Locust Hammerburst from Gears of War

I think I remember hearing those were being made out of polystone?

It's beyond brittle, after having a few statues (and breakage incidents) I stay away from the stuff, it basically is plastic with limestone additives to cut costs.

Yes ( I love spending other people's money. ). ;)

I was thinking about it, but being polystone, and that price, it turned me off

See, this is a BIG hint to gary if he goes forward with the idea of sony games props. ALWAYS USE PLASTIC.

We may not want to play with the item in question, but we want it to be able to fall off a shelf and not cost us more than our first car did :)

Gotta nth it, being polystone, avoid like crazy. Gonna chip like a *******, and when it does you can bet your bottom dollar you won't be able to find an exact paint match to fix it.

Chris

Got one already!! Hee Hee

Granted mines is the Original GOW Hammerburst - And yes it's not super accurate, but hey, i love it!

c1fbe2d5.jpg

Got one already!! Hee Hee

Granted mines is the Original GOW Hammerburst - And yes it's not super accurate, but hey, i love it!

c1fbe2d5.jpg

Yes, you haggis eating caber tossing Nessie loving kilt flouncer, I am aware of your cased weapon of cranial destruction. T'was your weapon that raised my interest in this weapon in the first place. Curse ye!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back