Should I break it to him?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.


Ghost Host

Sr Member
Mouthpiece of Phil,
I do not , have not and will not lie about my helmet's origins. I've probably been more upfront about my stuff and provided more info than anyone else around here, frankly. I take great offense to your comment, but perhaps I shouldn't, considering the source. :rolleyes

Once more, I won't stab someone in the back and make up lies about them to better myself. Something your master can't seem to get away from. It's his mode of operation. ...right... sure, jealous. :lol Why then do I continue to get inquiries for my GH helmet? At least one or two a week, literally. I'm turning them away. I've gotten down to where I've even sold off or traded the bad ones sitting around... Your master has to keep reinventing the history of "his" helmets and bash other folks to make a sale.

Originally posted by RKW@Jan 21 2006, 08:55 AM
Oh please.... Phil is no more a liar than the rest of the Vader community. I've haven't seen him say that his helmet is directly off the screen used helmet for ages. He should't have done it but its no bigger than any of the porkies told by either Jeff or you. Which of you is lying I can't be sure yet and what about JB with his prototype whopper.

The simple fact is that his helmet IS currently the closest to an original ANH helmet and this continued jealousy of yours is getting old.
[snapback]1164543[/snapback]​
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SithLord

Sr Member
Originally posted by RKW@Jan 21 2006, 12:55 PM
Oh please.... Phil is no more a liar than the rest of the Vader community. I've haven't seen him say that his helmet is directly off the screen used helmet for ages.
[snapback]1164543[/snapback]​

For ages? Ya right....


 
ANH DARTH VADER HELMET MASK PROP STAR WARS
Item number: 7567426163
 
Seller of this item? Sign in for your status    Watch this item in My eBay | Email to a friend
 
Starting bid: US $745.00 
Buy It Now price:  US $845.00
Time left:  4 days 19 hours
7-day listing, Ends Dec-04-05 16:37:08 PST
Start time:  Nov-27-05 16:37:08 PST
History: 0 bids
High bidder:  User ID kept private
Item location:  Death Star
United States
Ships to:  Worldwide
Shipping costs:  Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details
Go down Shipping, payment details and return policy
 
Seller information
underlord* ( 34Feedback score is 10 to 49) 

Feedback Score: 34
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since Apr-06-03 in United States

Read feedback comments
Add to Favorite Sellers
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items
PayPal Buyer Protection Offered  Shop without sharing your financial details Learn more

Description  (revised) 

A

NEW HOPE
  DARTH VADER HELMET
** FULL SIZE HELMET REPLICA **

(Scroll down for more pictures)

From the very first time we see Vader on the Tantive IV
The most evil and menacing Vader out of ALL
The Helmet for Auction is  "1:1 FULL SIZE"       
    *
      * Made of hand laid fiberglass construction
    *
      * Custom painted to the originals finish
    *
      * Painted in a very nice low sheen *SATIN* Black like the original
    *
      * The correct two tone gun metal design
    *
      * Custom tinted ruby red lenses as the original
    *
      * Smaller diamond mouth grill as the original
    *
      * Full foam padding on the inside
    *
      * 3 point strapping system
    *
      * Fully wearable


Most accurate ANH Vader helmet we have ever seen .

Taken off the ANH helmet circa 1977

In the pics below one tusk is painted black exactly as in the movie...

You can have both tusks silver if you prefer...

FREE SHIPPING IF BUY IT NOW IS USED
Payment & Shipping
International bidders welcome
Terms of sale:
We accept Paypal
( to confirmed address)
Money orders

Certified Cheques
Shipping will be done via FedEx, Or USPS International.
Packaging: The helmet will be wrapped in tissue then a layer of bubble wrap over that for extra protection, Then boxed and thoroughly protected by packing materials to ensure safe delivery . I must receive payment within 48hrs from close of auction.


:cheers,

Thomas
 

RKW

Sr Member
You may well not be lying GH if you're only reiterating what Jeff has told you. But we only have your word at the moment to corroborate the story. Considering Jeff's history and just how vastly different your helmet is to an original there is something fundamentally wrong with the claims of its origin.

People will continue to buy your helmet because they either continue to buy into the propaganda or they're not interested in accuracy and want your helmet to complete a growing Vader collection. Your helmet served a purpose years ago as it was the best Vader helmet around at the time. But like anything in this hobby replicas improve and yours has been superseded.

Considering the vilification he recieves from you and your mates it's a wonder he has sold a single helmet. But he does because his product stands up as a quality replica.
 

RKW

Sr Member
Sithlord, like the SDS advertising that ebay ad could be construed as mis-leading as it isn't directly cast off the screen used helmet. But at some point the 20thC helmet was cast off either the original or a casting of the original.
 

Ghost Host

Sr Member
I think I tend to agree with most of what you have said here. People's tastes have changed in the past few years and they are looking at things differently and more educated, in many regards. While the GH helmet takes a departure from the final screen helmet in certain ways, there are some unusual similarities to the screen helmet, as well.

But it is no wonder that phil sells these helmets...
1. they look nice
2. he continually makes up lies about his helmets to make them appealing
3. he puts them on ebay frequently

My problem with you here is primarily that you are defending a really bad guy (who is a banned member, btw) and a blatant liar; and then you lump me into the same category with phil. Sorry, I am many things but I am not a liar or a backstabber.



Originally posted by RKW@Jan 21 2006, 10:33 AM
You may well not be lying GH if you're only reiterating what Jeff has told you. But we only have your word at the moment to corroborate the story. Considering Jeff's history and just how vastly different your helmet is to an original there is something fundamentally wrong with the claims of its origin.

People will continue to buy your helmet because they either continue to buy into the propaganda or they're not interested in accuracy and want your helmet to complete a growing Vader collection. Your helmet served a purpose years ago as it was the best Vader helmet around at the time. But like anything in this hobby replicas improve and yours has been superseded.

Considering the vilification he recieves from you and your mates it's a wonder he has sold a single helmet. But he does because his product stands up as a quality replica.
[snapback]1164600[/snapback]​
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RKW

Sr Member
Originally posted by Ghost Host@Jan 21 2006, 06:57 PM
My problem with you here is primarily that you are defending a really bad guy (who is a banned member, btw) and a blatant liar; and then you lump me into the same category with phil.  Sorry, I am many things but I am not a liar or a backstabber.

Well that's your opinion of him and you're entitled to it. But I am sure he has plenty of satisfied customers & friends who would disagree with you. I just get so tired of the SPFX bashing by the same individuals. He was incompetition with you, tried to get clever using multiple accounts and paid the price by getting banned. But one thing I have learnt while being here is that pretty much everyone involved in Vader props has lied at some point. JB's done it and he's still a member here. Now you maybe the exception to the rule so until I hear differently from either Jeff or Jim then I'll have to give you the benefit of doubt.
 

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Strange how quickly a recaster topic turns into a SPFX, JB & GH bashing thread. Why can't we all just get along?

I don't care from where this guy got the helmet he recast from, he's a recaster and that's that.

I will definitely stay clear of him - wouldn't wanna either buy from him or sell him anything, since there is no certainty that he won't scam and recast that as well. Why not keep the topic squarely on this guy and leave everybody else out of it? We've heard it all before and it gets tiresome very quickly. Who's right, who's not, who gives a hoot?

Well, tbh, I know why these topics evolve and okay, I agree, it is good to know some back-story. At least I've learnt something.

Have fun... and flame away...
 

TOSPHASER

Sr Member
Originally posted by NoHumorMan@Jan 21 2006, 01:47 PM
Strange how quickly a recaster topic turns into a SPFX, JB & GH bashing thread.  Why can't we all just get along?

I don't care from where this guy got the helmet he recast from, he's a recaster and that's that.
[snapback]1164685[/snapback]​

:thumbsup I whish we could all get along. :D
 
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Top