Short Film Contest Entry

Stinky Dragon

I haven't had many prop projects to work on lately, so I rarely post, but I thought this was something that might interest you all.

About a month ago, there was a contest called Campus Moviefest where the goal was to make a 5 minute short film in 7 days. I worked on one of the movies with a group of friends (all full time students, except the actor playing the mortician) at Georgia Tech, and this was the result:

Take Care | Campus MovieFest

We're all very proud of the finished product, and we actually won Best Drama for our campus, and will be shown at the Campus Moviefest event in Hollywood. Some of the other standouts from our campus were The Therapist and Paper Airplane, which I highly recommend watching.

Another part of the contest is who gets the most views online. So if you enjoyed our movie, please share it so we can rack up some more views!

Anyway, I thought it might interest you, and our team would love to hear your thoughts.

1 view added!
The ADR at the beginning needed some environmental dynamics added but the synch was excellent. :thumbsup

Looks and flows great. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! Do you happen to have any other advice for ADR? It was really tedious and difficult, so it makes me wonder if we were going about it the wrong way. We basically just had the actor watch the clip a few times with camera audio, then played the clip muted so he would have something to time himself off of. It took a lot of tries.

Yup that's about it. Barring any fancy audio editing/filtering programs, you could've done the ADR in a room with a little echo to it, rather than an audio booth/closet/whatever, just so it wasn't so clean. Kinda counter-intuitive, as one normally wants to record voices cleanly, of course. Also use the same mike you used on set so it has the same qualities as other dialogue around it (although in this case I guess that wouldn't matter so much, as everything in the scene was rerecorded).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back