Shocking & Sad

In terms of collectibles those Power of the Force Star Wars toys from the 1990's are pretty much worthless. They sell for pennies on ebay and the collector's market. There are spikes in value from time to time but overall they don't go for much at all and they haven't in the twenty plus years they've been around.

In terms of collectibles those Power of the Force Star Wars toys from the 1990's are pretty much worthless. They sell for pennies on ebay and the collector's market. There are spikes in value from time to time but overall they don't go for much at all and they haven't in the twenty plus years they've been around.
It still is a small fortune we are looking at there. I am a bit shocked since a lot of that stuff reflects my own collecting habits. And the Art books do stand out.
It looks like an elderly couple lived there with a son "our" age and he probably went away into an asylum upon the death of the parents? They were not poor, that much we can tell. It looks like there have been looters going through stuff, the safe is opened, drawers have been emptied. The Star Wars stuff is worth a few thousand dollars. UNbelievable that there are abandonded houses looking like that!

This is a stark reminder that you cannot take your possessions with you when you go. This is why I thinned out my collection over the years, as I decided I would rather use the money to create memories with my wife versus items collecting dust. In the end, those memories will mean so much more than items tossed after I pass, or donated to a thrift store.

Also read this update on the house.
D6868DA3-CD42-4342-BFD0-7D288B6DE3C2.jpeg

Some MR stuff there, and a few other gems as well…

For me, I know I have a unimaginable burden for someone else to bare down the road. My collection is large, and I have no idea how someone else would manage it. I’m not sure what I will do about that down the road either. On the other side of things, perhaps that isn’t my problem, LOL.

Totally agree with Moviefreak collections are great. For many of us each piece collected has a story behind it. You got it France , found something at a swap meat, pass down from another collector, managed to find a rare one of piece no longer made. However the story fails to compare when you truly realize you can’t take it with when you pass away. However those close family members and friends who love ya may want something to remember you by. It is then your collection truly touches those closest you who want to always remember you. I understand about streamlining the collection and down sizing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back