Shin Armor-Avp Celtic Predator

DeadPool2

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
I have finally answered the inevitable question of how to create my own shin armor. Which was not as painstaking as I thought it would be although a lot of time went into just this one shin protector. Now I have to do the other ughhh... I do have sintra sign plastic but I went the foamies route with this one just because if I messed up it would be easier to fix than trying to fix a super hard material. I am after all a newb and this is for my first pred. First I created a crappy duct tape dummie of my shin/calf/foot area.

Predator Shin Guards 002.JPG

I also reused VinMans Bicep and Shoulder Bell armor to create the base of the shin armor! I enlarged them randomly to be honest there were no exact measurements I printed each on their own piece of paper and cut it out. I fit it to the leg and I was lucky, it fit!

Predator Shin Guards 003.JPG

The enlarged bicep armor I slightly customized went in the front. There were four of these that I used. Same with the shoulder armor but that went in the back. I added a lot of my own random shapes and pieces to create a hollow calf armor thats what the sharp piece is sticking out of the back. I thought it looked really cool.
Predator Shin Guards 017.JPG

Predator Shin Guards 016.JPG

Then came the painting, I started with primer black. Then hammered rust. And I then used hammered silver. This gives it a rusty silver color to give it a great aged look.
Predator Shin Guards 008.JPG

Predator Shin Guards 012.JPG

Predator Shin Guards 014.JPG

Predator Shin Guards 015.JPG

I have this, the shoulder bells, and bicep armor done at the moment. The chest armor I will get from Mannowar that is too difficult to create for my ability. Remember this is my first time ever creating something without a template. So I went crazy and I think it came out pretty damn good. The armor does look small I agree but I am only 18 so my shins are skinny...I guess you can say this is a young Celtic predator who has yet to bulk up. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, this is to update the armor that I have done right now!!! Some of my items are bought while some are made....I bought my Celtic Bio from Hez and the chest/torso armor and the connector pieces from Mannowar. The rest was made by me out of sintra and foamies. I havent really done much painting yet which is why everything looks so crappy in color but as soon as I am done with all armor I will do a mass painting!
So far I just need to finish up both gauntlets, I am already working on the bomb gaunt and I need to finish up the ab and spine protector then on to the backpack and gun!

Most Pred Armor Done.JPG

Predarmor.JPG

Predarmor2.JPG

Predarmor3.JPG

I have the body suit mostly latexed up just need to move on to painting and I need hands and feet once all armor is done I will move it on to the WIP and complete section.
Thanks for looking constructive criticism is always appreciated!
Oh yah and if this is supposed to be in WIP my bad, mods please delete or let me know if I need to move this, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
these look fantastic, well done. quick question.. how do you get them on and off? Have you got a hidden opening or are they loose enough to slide your foot right in?

Kryptaos Search templates By Vinman

I did... Apparently he made templates for everything but the shin armor. I found some templates by JFcustom but they look a tad intimidating. Here is a link to all his files for numerous characters which are free to download: JFcustom's FOAM files, I'm uploading a PDF of the shin guard files since they are all in PDO and I may or may not need help with assembly (depends on if the build is as difficult as it looks)

Attachments

• shin.pdf
    561 KB · Views: 593
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back