Interest SHIELD Server Targeting Blades

some, but it's slow going. The LED arrays that fit inside are turning into a right nightmare. There are 76 individual components that go onto the LED board inside the acrylic halves. As it stands, each Targeting Blade will be made of roughly 112 parts...

Unfortunately, the mentality of some of the "master machinists" in their respective fields out here is a big problem. I've taken a sample of the Aluminum/Acrylic shell to a couple of places that have laser engravers and even a high-resolution CNC router that does small intricate work to get pricing. They wouldn't even give me a ballpark price and just said "it can't be done". This is the mentality I was speaking of earlier. It's not everywhere, and not all machinists are affected by this, but it's out here and it's frustrating. Instead of trying to figure it out, and taking on a job that will pay cash, they just dismiss it (yes, it's also called being lazy). I KNOW it can be done and will make these guys eat their words. Even with the HYDRA emblem I had issues with these "master machinists" telling me 'it can't be done'... yet somehow I still got it done.

In the words of John Locke from the TV series Lost "Don't tell me what I can't do"
Teddz I have every faith you will get these done and I really appreciate that you aren't willing to be defeated by the stubborn attitude of a small minority,
Your efforts are very much appreciated, and I'm looking forward to seeing you offer the set to the members here.

Thanks
Jamie

some, but it's slow going. The LED arrays that fit inside are turning into a right nightmare. There are 76 individual components that go onto the LED board inside the acrylic halves. As it stands, each Targeting Blade will be made of roughly 112 parts...

Unfortunately, the mentality of some of the "master machinists" in their respective fields out here is a big problem. I've taken a sample of the Aluminum/Acrylic shell to a couple of places that have laser engravers and even a high-resolution CNC router that does small intricate work to get pricing. They wouldn't even give me a ballpark price and just said "it can't be done". This is the mentality I was speaking of earlier. It's not everywhere, and not all machinists are affected by this, but it's out here and it's frustrating. Instead of trying to figure it out, and taking on a job that will pay cash, they just dismiss it (yes, it's also called being lazy). I KNOW it can be done and will make these guys eat their words. Even with the HYDRA emblem I had issues with these "master machinists" telling me 'it can't be done'... yet somehow I still got it done.

Your determination is to be commended Teddz, I know people who would be completely derailed by this.

Myself and I'm sure a lot of people here have every faith in you and this project and eagerly await news on this.

Happy New year!!

One little update... Im still in NYC until the 8th. ;)

But don't worry, this is one project that will come through. I have a bunch of people that need to eat their words and prove wrong in a big way.

Happy New year!!

But don't worry, this is one project that will come through. I have a bunch of people that need to eat their words and prove wrong in a big way.

Sounds like a plan!
Looking forward to these.

Happy New year!!

Hi Teddz,
Any news on these props?

Thanks

Haven't forgotten about it, but due to current conditions here in Greece, its on hold until at least September. All but one supplier (where I get screws from) are closed until further notice. Some may open up, some may not... and until they remove the capital controls from the banks, I can't even send money to paypal or use my credit card to make purchases online for materials.

heh. Thanks... I'm actually toying with the idea of moving back to NYC in the Fall if things don't turn around.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back