sheetmetal dividing wall

xdmray

ok so this is probably a dumb question. when you make your dividing wall using sheet metal, after one half is done you have to go back and resculpt the line made by the metal right? if so i don't see the advantage. wouldnt the line be too close to the plaster half that it would make getting the detail back hard?

any and all help appreciated guys/gals.

Tonkers, if you read this, i'd like your thoughts.

cheers

Daman

I have used both no shims and shims, but when i use shims i personally ( not sure what Tonks does ) use them to support the clay wall, so there is a gap between where the shim was and the actual plaster wall.

As the wall line is on the side of the head and along and inbetween the dread holes on my masks, its really easy to repair.

hope that makes sense.

I have used both no shims and shims, but when i use shims i personally ( not sure what Tonks does ) use them to support the clay wall, so there is a gap between where the shim was and the actual plaster wall.

As the wall line is on the side of the head and along and inbetween the dread holes on my masks, its really easy to repair.

hope that makes sense.

thanks LEE
totally does. hmm, so it's always meant to be a support wall and not the actual wall surface.... makes sense i guess. i had to use a crap load of clay to make my own supports otherwise. cool. gonna mold up the half mask today i think.

oh yeah BTW, the half mask is done!

I actually used shims ONLY on my leg sculpt, I then glued some silicone chunks onto the sheets for keys, my legs skins have one of the better seem lines i have done to be honest, but i still prefer clay on top

Just noticed this thread.

I personally use the sheet metal to make the dividing wall only becuase Steve Wang recomended it. He explained that he uses a sharpie marker to draw a seam line in. Then take an exacto knife and cuts a slice into the clay for the metal to slide into.

Of course there will always be some type of RE-Sculpting when you do a dividing wall. I like the sheetmetal because its quick and uniformly smooth.

Resculpting that Slice is tricky. Just takes some time.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back