She-Predator Machiko

izabel1

Event: 3rd Philippine Cosplay Convention
Date: March 27, 2010

=====

What a day!

We came in as Predators. woohoo!

I was "She-Predator Machiko" and I was with my cosplay partner Don Robert as "Chopper Predator". Actually, he originally had this predator costume way,way back. It's Wolf actually but we kinda modified it a bit. We added details of Chopper, modified the paint a bit, etc. His mask is like 6yrs old already. When I saw his mask, I told him I want a Pred cos so he made me one sine we're partners now. haha.

We came in late for the event at around 1pm because up until 11am we were still finishing details and painting the costumes. whew! Then we were still thinking if we would either go to the Sony event in Glorietta or at PCC. In the end, we decided to go to PCC because it's too risky to go to Glorietta since too little info were given by the organizers.

We actually have two pair costumes with us and I have 2 more. LOL. It's our trademark. haha! Other cosplayers call us Imba. LOL.

Our line-up was supposedly:

1. Predators
2. Ironman - Black Widow
3. Black Cat
4. Kakashi SNJ (spare only)

But in the end, we didn't had any chance to change anymore because after coming out as Predators for the catwalk then spending a few hours for photo ops, we were told that we were included in the top 20 finalists. I was surprised really because I never expected it. yay!

So we didn't change anymore as there would be an interview portion for the finalists. We didin't win but as I've said during the Q & A portion its already an honor being included in the top 20 because I wasn't really expecting it. For me, people appreciating the costumes we make and telling us how great they are are enough reward for all those sleepless nights we spend making the costumes.

Bert and I are happy with the outcome of our costumes although some kids cried when they saw us. wah! haha! A lot of people recognized us and were a bit amazed. Hey , I think it's the first time they saw these epic costumes again.

I'm also happy that it suited me - the character, the make-up, the tandem. I guess we really make a good pair noh? LOL. It has always been our trademark - complimenting or pair costumes. :rolleyes:

My plasma canon got drained before the catwalk. LOL. It was suppose to move via RC. The battery got drained. So during the catwalk the supposedly "gimmick" was no more. haha. Next time...we promise. Sir Eric! Thanks for the mechanism! :D

I has difficulty with make-up too. haha. I don't do goth make-ups really. But since I consider myself an artist i tried. It turned out well too. I think I looked like the reference (a bit). hehehe.

The hair was hard too since i need to braid it for "the look". I had to wake up really early for this.
We really had fun. We saw our friends there again - cosplayers and photogs. We also met new friends.

We will still upgrade a few more things on our Predator costumes. And I'm very glad that it really worked out well.

PREDATORS RULE!!!!!

RRRAAAWWWWWRRRR!!!!

For more photos: you may view them in my DA predator gallery album - Predators in DA

or in my multiply site - Izabel's Multiply

=====

the reference:

She_Predator_Machiko_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Machiko_and_Chopper_by_izabelcortez.jpg

We_are_Predators_by_izabelcortez.jpg

The_Predators_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Chopper_and_Machiko_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Where_do_we_begin__by_izabelcortez.jpg

Let__s_find_Aliens_by_izabelcortez.jpg

my partner - Chopper

LOL. with Harry Potter!
Machiko_and_Harry_Potter_by_izabelcortez.jpg

We'll use Harry as bait for the Aliens. hahaha!

P.S. We have a lot to add, modify and upgade on these costumes. I still need to find a net or probably make one for this. We are also planning to create a group where we will all be Predators as we were inspired by the video we saw in youtube of the Hunter's Lair cosplay group. SO awesome.

I also hope to learn a lot here so we can make better costumes of Predators. I'm actually planning to do Sheela - teh warrior predatro next. I'll appreciate any advice people can give me here. :D

In the Shadows
In_the_Shadows_by_izabelcortez.jpg

=====

here is my catwalk video from youtube:

The PREDATOR'S Catwalk @ the 3rd PCC 2010 (03.27.10)

We're at the last around #152+.

Here is another video for the costume.
She-Predator Machiko

Last edited by a moderator:
Izabel,

Great work, welcome to the Lair!

I love the action shots of you and Chopper; no Aliens are going to get past you

What materials did you use for your costume, you have got the details of the armor spot on!

---
Ei'luj

Izabel you’re a killer inspiration! You rock and look nice, no great doing it!!! Definite welcome to you!!!
~Estelle

Those are pretty awesome suites,just wow..........

WOW Spot on there! Great job!

thanks.

Welcoem 2 the Lair and a job well done on a very accurate Machiko costume.

yup. we really try to make it as accurate as possible.

Izabel you’re a killer inspiration! You rock and look nice, no great doing it!!! Definite welcome to you!!!
~Estelle

Wow! Wow! Wow! Machiko in the flesh! Awesome job and welcome to the nut house. :rolleyes: .'.

That is damn impressive! Really well done!

Your about eight minutes in, I think # 152, but a superb suit!

thank you so much for liking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with what the rest of the Lair said
Amazing reproduction of the hot toys figure.
You have the armour and weapons down to the finest details.
Well done in deed,...also welcome to the mad house

You captured the look perfectly I am very impressed. I saw your photo album and it looks like you and your friends have put a great deal of work into your various costumes and I respect anyone who works that hard. Looks like you are kept quite busy with appearances too! Good for you. Kudos on a job well done. I hope you enjoy the community here.

You captured the look perfectly I am very impressed. I saw your photo album and it looks like you and your friends have put a great deal of work into your various costumes and I respect anyone who works that hard. Looks like you are kept quite busy with appearances too! Good for you. Kudos on a job well done. I hope you enjoy the community here.

Thank you very much. Yup we do. we actually enjoy doing costumes. I promised myself that this year i'm taking cosplay seriously (compete mode.lol) so all the costumes I'm doing all are bad-ass.

My partner and I are in-progress of doing 2 guyver suits and Sheela - the warrior predator. can't wait for it to be finished.

I just wished there was a gorup here like this where everybody is a pred addict. It would have been bad-ass to go to a convention in a pack of predators. LOL. that would probably be so cool!

If anyone is going to the Philippines contact us! hahaha!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back