Shazam! (Post-release)

What did you think of Shazam!?

• Total voters
The Rock will be playing Black Adam.

My apologies.......anytime he's involved with a movie I ignore all relevant information therefore my misguided reference regarding his portrayal as Shazam....but he still is awful :lol

The best thing he could do is have minimal lines or no lines and just have action scenes...maybe they'll make him half man half scorpion !

Never read Shazam, only know he's supposed to be able to give Superman a run for his money. It's a kid who turns into a muscle bound hero right? Is he still a kid in the head when he's huge or is it like a different persona?

Never read Shazam, only know he's supposed to be able to give Superman a run for his money. It's a kid who turns into a muscle bound hero right? Is he still a kid in the head when he's huge or is it like a different persona?

Nope, he still acts like a child. He tries to be more mature and more serious, because he wants to be respected and thinks that is what is expected of him. But often he behaves like a child, because he is.

For those interested in Shazam, this animated film was pretty good Superman-Shazam.jpg

Nope, he still acts like a child. He tries to be more mature and more serious, because he wants to be respected and thinks that is what is expected of him. But often he behaves like a child, because he is.
Originally, Capt. Marvel did not retain Billy's personality - this started in the late 80s.

Also, don't forget that Captain Marvel has the wisdom of Solomon... so while he may be a Billy Batson, he still has a bit of wisdom behind him.

Originally, Capt. Marvel did not retain Billy's personality - this started in the late 80s.

Also, don't forget that Captain Marvel has the wisdom of Solomon... so while he may be a Billy Batson, he still has a bit of wisdom behind him.

I am only familiar with the more recent incarnation by DC, which I really like. What other character can defeat a demigod, only to get excited two seconds later at seeing a cotton candy vendor? That is my favorite part of the character. I hope that is the version they bring to the big screen because that is my favorite.

After enjoying this guy in the recent animated adventures (especially how they show that SHazam really IS the boy scout everyone thought superman used to be)....

I think it's about time he got a movie adaption.

only with DC's latest outings of violence and murder.....that type of method would NOT fit with a 8(?) year old kid becoming a super hero. this is one time they'd HAVE to go golly gee willickers. and if they do, I hope they kind of go the comedy self awareness route with it.

Total agreement .
While I did enjoy the Frank miller batman .
And would love a whole franchise of the old pissed off bat .
that bat made no sense in BVS. I did notice the DVD release they took out a lot of blood trying to make it look like he just knocked people out I guess.
and even Superman was all pissy , hell I almost liked him lol.
But Shazam should be beyond kid friendly . it should be MADE for the kids and the young at heart !
That's the character .

I'm concerned about Black Adam. Giving an actor with the star power of Dwayne Johnson that role automatically takes the focus off of the Big Red Cheese. I'm not even sure if it's good casting - he generally comes off as a nice guy, in the movies and in real life.

batman is ALWAYS pissy :)....

LOL I know but superman is supposed to be all sunshine and roses . they are ying and yang type characters not anymore now there both all moody .
To quote a horse
"No sir, I don't like it ."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm concerned about Black Adam. Giving an actor with the star
power of Dwayne Johnson that role automatically takes the focus off of the Big Red Cheese. I'm not even sure if it's good casting - he generally comes off as a nice guy, in the movies and in real life.

Yeah he would have to you know act and stuff.
Not sure that's his strong suit really .

LOL I know but superman is supposed to be all sunshine and roses . they are ying and yang type characters not anymore now there both all moody .
To quote a horse
"No sir, I don't like it ." .

yep

heroes acting good and liking each other isn't dramatic enough. they have to be moody and throw punches and do destruction and kill in order for people to like them these days.

I've been watching a lot of classic he-man lately...where characters are happy to work together to solve problems, don't fight each other, and everyone is on equal footing no matter who they are..

if He-Man where rebooted for today, it'd look totally different.
teela wouldn't be allowed to be saved, or carried off as injured. she'd walk on a broken leg and cause it to get worse just to appear independent.
Skeletor would have a yellow/blue face to appear diverse.
Man At Arms would be Woman At Arms.
The He-Man Teela romance would be a thing of the past and turn more into a competition..
there would be no king and queen, only a queen.
orko would be taller, not float, less annoying and more dignified like the most interesting man in the world ;o)....
Cringer wouldn't talk at all, because, now that would just be goofy, wouldn't it? he'd be a non character...

ugh....same goes for superman.

Superman works best when he's a beacon of light as he was created to be. change him into something else and he might as well be batman with powers.
if you try to turn billy into something he isn't might as well not do shazam at all.

end mini rant :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back