Shauun Lawrence - Please Make Good on Your Commitments and Promises

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by micdavis, Dec 5, 2011.

1. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

In another thread Shauun seemed to be interested in making good on problems.

Here is the chance.

To settle matters with me the following must happen

1. A new Imperial Officer hat that matches my uniform. And is correctly made.

2. A new collar on my uniform Tunic that is even, not crooked.

3. The main zipper on my uniform needs to be removed and installed properly with out all the puckering that ruins the line of the tunic. It really SHOULD be an invisible zipper as they lay down flat.

All these were promised to me by Shaunn in his own words.

At Shauun's expense I will ship the uniform to him WITH INSURANCE. And it absolutely has to come back to me NOT smelling like cat urine.

He has one week to contact me and two weeks to complete the repairs (from whatever date we agree to).

The only communication I will respond to is here. Therefore there will be no I didn't get your email excuses.

That's the deal.

I suggest anyone one else owed anything post here as well.

Please no other commentary in this thread.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    wildabeast and Bootlegger137 like this.
  2. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

In another thread, Shauun has indicated that he intends to refund me the $500 I had paid in March of 2010 for the Tan parts of a Classic Battlestar Galactica costume.

As I have repeatedly told him I am no longer interested in the actual costume pieces. Just the Refund.

I am willing to give him until December 30th to complete this.

All communucation must be done here to avoid any missed communucations. I will provide you with my Paypal address in case you have misplaced it to refund the money in full.

this is your chance to truely make good, as your posts indicated ou were trying to do.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    wildabeast likes this.
  3. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Bump for some visibility

4. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

bump again

5. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

One day left.

6. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Well it seems Shauun once again will not even stand by his own words.

7. schmidtjv

schmidtjv New Member

I too am one of the many that Shauun has ripped off for hundreds of dollars and all I got was endless, endless promises.

Stay away from this parasite at all costs.

John

8. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

I think his username should be posted in here, You never really know someone's name until you actually paypal them.

9. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think he needs to be banned.

The Mods should look into this so he can not pray on a new members here.

10. THExEVILxTW1N

THExEVILxTW1N Member

Who the hell is Shauun Lawrence?

11. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

This is a thread to resolve issues only.

Although it's good to ask these questions.

Please use the search function for other threads involving this member.

12. Shaunn Lawrence

Shaunn Lawrence New Member

Well Mike? I cannot install an "Invisible Zipper" in your Imperial Officers Tunic, (Which is actually more of a Jacket), because they don't make "Invisible Zippers" that separate at the bottom..just FYI.

You will have to have an actual Jacket Zipper installed instead.

Bunching? On the Zipper Line? Really? Was this a Stretch Fabric?
    this really doesn't sound at all like my work....very odd.

The Collar on your Tunic was put in...wobbly? This is very Interesting.

Making you a NEW hat is not really a problem, however? I will need you to have your head re-measured, as I have NONE of your measurements anymore. And as I recall? Your Head of Hair is VERY THICK, so please make sure that the measurement is accurate. As I will NOT be doing this type of re-working of a costume 3 and 4 times over.

I am FULL UP threw to January 3rd 2012 If you wish? I can start this repair work at that time. You may PM me for my address, as I am NOT posting it here. (NOT NEGOTIABLE!)

Cat urine is NO LONGER an issue! Max had that cat "Euthanized" 8-years ago, and there are NO KITTIES here.

13. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

And the other posted issue here?

and if you are booked till Jan of 2012, how trhe hell were you going to honor your "offer" to deliver my costume?

14. Shaunn Lawrence

Because you were OBVIOUSLY INCLUDED in that roster of work for that time period....DUH!

15. Shaunn Lawrence

good question!

16. Bootlegger137

Bootlegger137 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Apparently someone not to do business with.

17. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

Then there is an opening for Mic, since I want a REFUND, not work. and you know this, I haven't been shy about telling you this.

18. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

My hat size is 7 3/4.

When I get the hat, we'll talk about the rest.

Honestly I don't feel comfortable sending you anything. Not sure how I will handle the rest.

Just do the hat. I will send you the old hat if you Paypal me $15. So at least you can match the fabric best you can.

Paypal to: micdavis@mac.com

19. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

bump for Shauun still waiting for confirmation he will issue my refund as per stated in the second post.

20. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

Bump - Still waiting on my refund Shauun

21. peter1701

peter1701 Well-Known Member

FYI just posting info. Shaunn had promised something for me by Xmas, but sadly was too busy.

22. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

Mic, has Shauun come through with anything for you?

If not then I'd say we're all out of luck here and it's time to concider his banning from this forum.

23. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Nope.

He seems to post when it's convenient for HIM, but never responds to simple questions or requests.

IF he is going to do something on the supposed Jan 3 opening, I have not heard a word about it.

He won't come through. We all know it.

24. Apollo

I am so sorry guys, Mike and Ed you guys are Saints and have given him plenty of chances to make good.

This parasite needs to be thrown OVER the Rpf fence when you decide so he can not take advantage of any other Member

25. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

No, he's not even going to come close to coming through on any of this. He pops in trying to get more work and when faced with FACTs that he rips people off, he gives lip service to everyone saying he's going to make good. Again, hoping to get that new business. NOT to actually make good on anything.

the man is a thief.

26. Apollo

He's a liar, thief and SCUMBAG!

27. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

according to his profile, Shauun was logged onto the forusm on the 26th. But yet, still no word from him.

Honestly, how do we go about requesting he get banned?

28. peter1701

peter1701 Well-Known Member

So is there a plan for his membership

29. Apollo

Ed you and Mic talk to the Mods about when you would like him banned and I'm sure they will do it.

30. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

Didn't they give him untill next week?

I would think that his posted promises to Micdavis and the timeline of next week should be the deadline. If he can't make that deadline he should already be posting SOMETHING.

I think that if next week comes and goes with no word from him... there won't be a debate on him losing his membership.

I've seen this go both ways. Sometimes people that seem like a fraud, just got overwhelmed with orders they THOUGHT they could fill... most of the time though... if it smells like a pig...

Yeah.

I agree this sucks.

I would like to see people get there stuff/refunds. Fingers crossed for you guys!!!

31. Bootlegger137

Bootlegger137 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would agree and disagree on that point. He should at least be communicating with micdavis or reaper63...but apparently he's not even doing that. I have to believe that if either of these members had heard from him at all, it would have been posted in this thread, even if Shauun chooses not to post.

If he truly wanted to "right the wrongs" he would be answering questions directly, and keeping those he's wronged updated, even if in private. I think the apparent lack of communication speaks volumes.

32. Apollo

Shaunn will never change he has pulled this trick before.

His day will come when he crosses the right person.

He deserves every minute in Jail

33. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

I didn't know he was already that well known for this kinda thing...

I still think that if they gave him till next week... that is when the decision should be made.

34. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

The cat problem was resolved!(The cat was euthanized.)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  35. Apollo

Oh yeah there are posts on MANY forums about this Thief!

ASAP had a lot of them

36. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

I didn't want this to turn into that. Let's keep it to getting a response.

37. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

Dec 30th came and went, no word on when or if he's willing to refund my money. He has completely failed, once again to come through here.

Mic, out of the three people who have asked for him to come through, you are the only one he answered here, and he still hasn't done diddly to make it right.

I'm done, I want him banned from here to prevent anyone else from getting suckered here.

38. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

I agree. Done and done.

39. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

...and done.

40. Apollo

Good riddance!

41. Lutso

Lutso Sr Member

...the guy needs to be locked up. What a rat.

Sorry you guys had to go through this.

42. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Shaunn Lawrence has built a bad reputation for himself since the early 2000's. He does business by word of mouth (read on to see how he generates business). He took over one year to make a small single costume item for me in which he promised it would only take one month. I also know for a fact that atthat time, he has orders that have taken longer and still have not been delivered.

He has this little scam going where when he hooks one customer and tells them that if they can get him 3 other customers, he will make their next whole costume for free. So while you are waiting for yours, you are out there trying to get him work. Then he will tell these customers the same thing. So everyone is sending money but no one is getting their costumes in the timely manner they are promised.

Shaunn has this huge grudge about the past owner of Katarra. And is quick to bad mouth her:

As far as that goes, all I can say is that when I dealt with Kathy, I never had to wait as long as I did. If items were late, it was only by a month. Also, Kathy’s quality and detailing were leaps and bounds above Shaunn’s. When I finally got my item, the seams were crooked, and loose threads dangled from everywhere. The details were nothing like we discussed or that I tried to show him in reference pictures that I provided. I had to rip apart and re-sew sections and replace parts just to make the item usable. I put a couple days work into just to make it something decent and close to the real thing. Two different material color tones were used on the item because he took so long to finish the item that the same material was no longer available. Instead of doing what a professional would, start over with the same fabric, he just mixed the two.

I actually got the item sent to me at only 2 months late but it was beyond words to describe. The construction was terrible, the overall shape was laughable and it was way too small. He made a big deal about how he provided a quality product or he would remake it till happy. Well he threw what I would term a hissy-fit. Finally he agreed to remake it but at first he wanted me to travel from San Diego to LA for him to do it. (so those on the east coast might want to take note of a possible long drive you might be asked to make just to get your item correctly sized). I refused and told him that I would make it my goal in life that he never gets another replica costuming job again (I can see from those above my goal has failed, sorry fellas, you should take advantage of the Archieved review dealer threads at ASAP: Log into Yuku | Free forums, social networks, communities, chat rooms

I think it was through someone that knows us both that finally convinced him that I could make things bad for him. He contacted me with a much better attitude. I was actually going to be in a location between us and I set up a meeting. We discussed the details and sizing and he already had the base constructed. He said it was about one day’s work to complete. That one day turned to nine months.

Over the course of the year, I tried to get updates. He would complain that he had to wait till his unemployment check came so he could buy materials. Huh? Isn’t that the reason I pay you up front? Or he couldn’t work on it because he was too busy looking for a job. Then when he did get a job, he then complained he was too busy working to do the project he promised. Only half the time I was waiting for my item was he actually employed and only about two months of that time was he actually doing anything related to costuming. I think he was working with a local theater.

Besides his claims of working in entertainment industry, he also claimed to have large amounts of reference materials. Later I found out he had a friend at well-known LA prop studio. He would go there and ask to look through the items; he did not have these references himself. I talked to one of the owners of the prop studio at the 2002 Comic Con and he told me never to deal with Shaunn. When this guy’s wife walked up to the conversation, he looked at her and said, “We’re talking about Shaunn.” To which she instantly rolled her eyes. Another employee from this same prop studio said that I should have never hired him.

The emails between us were usually not very useful. He could not understand the details of the item I was trying to get across and his replies were often more directed to his paranoia asking me if he heard anyone talking about him. I also found it personally found it unnerving that at times he referred to me with terms like “sweetie”

Shaunn was unreachable for about 3 months. He moved and his address and cell phones were no longer valid. His Email was his old roommates account so it was unknown if he was getting them or not. Later I found out he has these periods of mental depression and he basically doesn’t do anything. Terrific.

I had just about given up when the BSG thing started. The way Macloud described his costumer sent a cold chill down his back. I told him I knew it was Shauun and warned him that people were still owed costumes and that he came a far cry from his promises. Macloud did not seem to care. I can only believe that his interest in all of this is the same promises for free costumes if he gets Shaunn costumers. His cold feeling toward Shaunn’s current and past victims is quite disturbing.

I think they realized that if they were going to start getting the word out they needed to make sure that some other dealings were taken care of. I soon got this email:

The promised delivery was one month late and the partial refund is now about 8.5 years late and counting.

As someone who has always been concerned with the prop replica buyer and his rights, I cannot sit by and watch people throw good money into the pockets of someone like Shaunn and those who deal with him.

If you still want to do dealings that is entirely your call. I wish you the best of luck. Just remember that you are going to be taking the word of some people who seem to only pop up around here to get you to send them money.

43. Apollo

The Holy Trinity of Scumbags and out right thiefs, Kathy Pillsbury Shaunn Lawrance, and Joe Kerezman. :unsure

44. Apollo

Bump for the new members

45. Lutso

Lutso Sr Member

I think the real crime is the misuse of quotation marks.

46. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

Yeah, not so funny when it's your money that was stolen

47. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for the heads-up on this guy, I saw an old thread of his and was interested in his work, again thanks for the warning :thumbsup

48. Lutso

Lutso Sr Member

No harm intended...just trying to poke fun at the idiocy of the scumbag...

49. Chris2082

Chris2082 New Member

I kind of wish I had found this thread six months ago... I guess I'll just wait a bit longer and hope he has mended his ways?

50. Chris2082

Chris2082 New Member

I know this thread is getting a bit old, but I am curious if anyone here got either their refunds or the items they ordered? Also, did anyone try taking some form of legal action against Shaunn with any success?

Before I found all of these bad reviews I ordered a TWOK uniform from Shaunn on another forum. It's been about seven months now since I placed that order and I haven't heard from him since early February. Is it too optimistic of me to hope at least one person who posted here has had their issues with him resolved in some way???