Shaun of the Dead - Foree Electric Badge

Peralton

Screencap

I'm making up a Shaun of the Dead Foree Electric badge for ComicCon and though I've cleaned up a screencap, I would like to get the actual font and make it correctly.

Can anyone identify the font used? Thanks.

P.S. I've antiqued a cricket bat as well. I'll post pics of the conversion once it is finished.

Capt MarVell

Futura Heavy is the closest match I've found so far. The angles on the e's is the tipoff. "Foree Electric" seems to be a little bit heavier, though, so it might be DemiBold. I'm sure it's been horizontally scaled; I don't think it's an actual condensed font. Look at the capital E - the vertical is thinner than the horizontals. I set some type in Illustrator to compare and it's pretty close. It's out of the Futura family or a clone.

Jim

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
looks to me like the entire image of the badge has been squashed horizontally, the ID is far too square looking.

Peralton

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jul 11 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]1279099[/snapback]</div>
looks to me like the entire image of the badge has been squashed horizontally, the ID is far too square looking.
[/b]
Yes, the above screencap is squashed. I pulled up the wrong one. This one might be better.

I'll try out the fonts mentioned above and post the results is I don't mangle them too badly.

Thanks for the help.

sctcarts77

Saw this and thought I'd post my own badge I made for a freind a year or so back for a Halloween party. 2 variations, 1 to be printed as 1 badge, the other with 2 pieces, and the score marks for cutting out the rectangle so the name can go under it. I think on his I printed them on heavy card stock and laminated them in 2 parts, then put the whole thing together on a double pin back. Font was Futura MD Bold. Forgive the crappy picture, this is of a leftover printoff I had in a storage folder. I'd be more than happy to send you the PDF if you'd like it. A quick little prop, easy and fun, and a great movie.

-Cory
"sctcarts77"

Peralton

Thanks for posting your version. Of course I had already gone ahead and played with my version bbefore i saw it.

I looked at some fonts and went with "Avenir Next Condensed Bold". I compressed the font a bit in photoshop and toyed with the ends of the S's and C's to get the angles approximate. I'm pretty happy with it even though I can still see plently of small flaws. It will be more than good enough for my costume.