Shatner TWOK - This may cheese off the purists...

misterfusion

Sr Member
...but when I have a chance to get my hands on Admiral James T. Kirk's screen-worn uniform, you better damn well believe I was gonna get some pics in it.

And I know I can count on you cats to forgive the Photoshop tomfoolery. We're shooting costumes that'll be in our upcoming auction, so as long as I was in front of a green screen...

bridge.jpg

corridor.jpg

And as I was drunk with my newfound power...

gorn.jpg

And here's a couple of close ups of the braids, pips & squeaks and the belt thrown in for good measure.

sleeve.jpg

belt.jpg

The jacket has a Western Costume label with Shatner's name typed in, then "Leon Russom" written in with Sharpie. Russom played the Commander in Chief in The Undiscovered Country. The extra gold stripe was added for his rear admiral rank. My guess is that by the time Trek VI rolled around, Bill needed a roomier duty jacket. :)

Starfleet_CIC_2293.jpg

The undershirt (one of the sleeveless variety) has the names "Kirk - Shatner" on a Paramount tag at the bottom of the zipper.

All I can say is, Thank the Maker for the RPF...the only place on the planet where I don't have to feel like a dork posting these pics! :lol

Awesome!

I was all set to lecture you on how that couldn't possibly be Shatner's unmodified jacket, but then you beat me to the punch. :lol I never knew about it being reused though.

These uniforms look their absolute best in WOK.. later iterations of them just didn't have the pizazz. :unsure

1982 Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan
wokkirk.jpg

1991 Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country
stvicast.jpg

1994 Star Trek Generations
generationskirkenhg.jpg

Also do you know specifically what film the screenused uniform was worn in? Because Shatner wears an Admiral uniform in II, III and IV (briefly)

Star Trek IV
21760112ref.jpg

It might even theoretically have been Shatner's Captain uniform from Trek V, refurbished for the Admiral in Trek VI.

Star Trek V
st5shuttledoor1.jpg

Good work misterfusion!

These uniforms look their absolute best in WOK.. later iterations of them just didn't have the pizazz. :unsure

I guess I'm blind, I see no difference. Now, if you mean the actors look thier absolute best in WOK - then I understand.

What I meant was that the jackets get longer and looser (while the cast expands :rolleyes).

The Trek II outfits are tailored just right. But as the films go on the outfits look less and less sharp.

kirkjacketwokthrustg.jpg

Interesting to note that Shatner seems to hate wearing a collar. In TOS he could even be seen folding down the black collar of his tunic. In the films, particularly the later ones, Shatner's white trapunto collar seems shorter than everyone elses.

k

Last edited:
Err...

Where did the inner chain go?! :eek

I just noticed in your first pic with the flap open.

(Not that I'm actually asking if you know where it went... just "OMG it's gone!") :(

Kevin

Also do you know specifically what film the screenused uniform was worn in? Because Shatner wears an Admiral uniform in II, III and IV (briefly)

Because of the size and the age, my best guest is that it's from 2 & 3.

The chain is indeed missing, and there's lots of little black threads where they used to be. Seeing as Russom didn't open the coat in VI, it could have been pulled prior. All I know is that's the way we got it.

And it didn't come with the insignia, either. I had to add my own for my pics. :)

Because of the size and the age, my best guest is that it's from 2 & 3.

The chain is indeed missing, and there's lots of little black threads where they used to be. Seeing as Russom didn't open the coat in VI, it could have been pulled prior. All I know is that's the way we got it.

And it didn't come with the insignia, either. I had to add my own for my pics. :)

You can get the chain from Providence Chain Company in RI. You need #703X nickel plate. :)

-Sarge

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back