Unlimited Run Shang-Chi: Reversible Bomber Jacket

Slightly better white balanced pic of the red and gray. Not sure we're there yet but we'll make the mockup with these and then adjust colors as needed.

colors 3.jpg

Better pics of the first prototype. I think we've got everything worked out for the changes for the final version, and I plan to start taking pre-orders at a slight discount rate in my etsy shop very soon.

v12.jpg

v13.jpg

v11.jpg

Planned fixes:

Custom knitting, to match the color and texture. Double stripes on the waist and cuffs, single stripe on the collar (possibly using the same double-stripe knit, sewn lower and colored, like it was in the film. Possibly custom single-stripe knit).

Change seams to double stitch rather than single where applicable.

Modify sleeve pocket to be more accurate.

Change stitching color and design where needed.

Switch to metal zipper with light gray zipper tape, and a reversible zipper pull.

Slightly darker gray tone.

Slightly darker blue, and more toward a peacock blue than the current royal blue (actually in the photos the blue looks pretty much perfect, but it's too purple in real life).

Looks amazing! Will the final jacket have the navy collar and sleeve / waist cuffs on both sides or will one side be red and the other blue like in the film?

Looking forward to this!

Looks amazing! Will the final jacket have the navy collar and sleeve / waist cuffs on both sides or will one side be red and the other blue like in the film?

Looking forward to this!
It will have the correct colors on all the knitting. This is just placeholder parts for the first prototype.

Very interested in this as well Zlurpo :) I found one of the Alpha's in my size but it got the wrong colors. I doubt it would be possible to dye or adjust it accordingly? Or would that even be an option. Anyway, appreciate your work. Looking forward to the final result.

Very interested in this as well Zlurpo :) I found one of the Alpha's in my size but it got the wrong colors. I doubt it would be possible to dye or adjust it accordingly? Or would that even be an option. Anyway, appreciate your work. Looking forward to the final result.
With all the changes made, it's not really even the Alpha jacket anymore. It's based on it.

Saw your post on the FB group, so made sure to come back here to post that I'm very interested in a future run for this.

Are you sure they used a reversible jacket in the movie?
Looking like two completely separate ones to me...

Better pics of the first prototype. I think we've got everything worked out for the changes for the final version, and I plan to start taking pre-orders at a slight discount rate in my etsy shop very soon.

View attachment 1511582

View attachment 1511583

View attachment 1511584

Planned fixes:

Custom knitting, to match the color and texture. Double stripes on the waist and cuffs, single stripe on the collar (possibly using the same double-stripe knit, sewn lower and colored, like it was in the film. Possibly custom single-stripe knit).

Change seams to double stitch rather than single where applicable.

Modify sleeve pocket to be more accurate.

Change stitching color and design where needed.

Switch to metal zipper with light gray zipper tape, and a reversible zipper pull.

Slightly darker gray tone.

Slightly darker blue, and more toward a peacock blue than the current royal blue (actually in the photos the blue looks pretty much perfect, but it's too purple in real life).
How do I find you on Etsy?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back