Shane Walsh- Walking Dead Season 2 WIP

Rdmaul

Sr Member
Hey guys so I am a little late to the Walking Dead Party BUT better late than never. One of my favorite characters from season 2 was Shane,I have no idea why. I def had to put his costume together for some upcoming cons. We have a huge group for SDCC this year so should be fun.

First I started with tons of images from Season 2 of his costume, these are some of the ones I am using for referance!

Season-2-Wallpaper-shane-walsh-27404900-1600-1200_zps54407027.jpg

twd_210_1018_7190_zps24e12c69.jpg

the-walking-dead-64_zpsfcb88e77.jpg

First thing I wanted to get correct was the 590 Mossberg that Shane carries throughout WD. I want to be able to walk around a convention with it and Airsoft was the only way to go!

Season-1-Wallpaper-shane-walsh-27404826-1600-1200_zps7cbd7eb1.jpg

I have on order this AGM M500 shotgun and should recieve it today!

airsoft-m500-agm-003__85390_zoom.jpg

Shanes Shotgun has a custom grip and Butt Stock on it, I ordered the correct combo from a seller the grip is From Blackhawk and its a Blackhawk Specops NRS shotgun stock.

18-1157-IMG1.jpeg

Next thing up is his clothes, I noticed he wears the brown shirt primarily after he shaves his head, and has longer hair with the Black shirt on. I have a perfect moisture wicking black stretch shirt made by Rothco that looks identical to the one he wears.

9590_22.gif

As for his pants it has been confirmed that his Khaki Cargos are Levis brand. I did some research from various photos and I beleive the model number is 4729. If you look at the pics of the cargos based on some of the images I posted, his pants have the levi "V" on the pockets, plus there is a rectangle patch above the side cargos, the next 2 images show both!

02_twd2_gal_barn_love_0106_rt_FULL_zps7103d9a3.jpg

Season-2-Cast-shane-walsh-27404870-1024-768_zps43f7984f.jpg

I was able to score a pair of the 4729 on the Bay for $13.99

654718826_o_zps0aaa2cfa.jpg

654718887_o_zpsf9b63df0.jpg

654718841_o_zps1b2d33c2.jpg

One of the signature things Shane wears throught the entire series is his Number "22" Pendant and necklace. After studying images I believe he wears a different style pendant in Season 1 compared to Season 2. The "22" in Season 1 has a recessed look to it BUT the one in Season 2 is very subtle. I did some scouring and was able to find the screen accurate pendant for Season 2.

Season 2 pendant can be seen in these images here!

1968_640.jpg

the-walking-dead-41_zpsfd16be4f.jpg

Here is the link and image of the exact "22" Pendants that was used in Season 2. The pendants are on back order as of now BUT will be back in stock in a month.

Sabrina Silver Sterling Silver Digit Number 22 Pendant 3/4 in. (18 mm) - Jewelry - Pendants & Necklaces - Sterling Silver

6615193101p_zps602a500a.jpg

Last thing is his boots these have been confirmed as Bates 8 inch Mens Ultra Lites Zipper Duty Boot. This might be the one thing I skimp on I already have a pair of Magnum Zipper sides that are almost identical if not super close to these boots.

Bates 8 inch Mens Ultra Lites Zipper Duty Boot at Galls

I should recieve the Shotgun today :devil and the Stock in a week so once I get those I will post up pics of the Process of putting those together!!

Excellent work so far, especially on identifying the necklace. Idk if you plan on getting a holster, but Blackhawk makes a pretty close nylon pancake holster for less than $30. Also, there's a few Uncle Mike's sidekick holsters kicking around on the bay that are almost exact to Shane's.

Blackhawk

Uncle Mike's

Last edited:
Excellent work so far, especially on identifying the necklace. Idk if you plan on getting a holster, but Blackhawk makes a pretty close nylon pancake holster for less than $30. Also, there's a few Uncle Mike's sidekick holsters kicking around on the bay that are almost exact to Shane's.

Blackhawk

Uncle Mike's

Thank you for the Holster, I havent been able to find a close enough picture of it to ID it. I will probably do it the only thing is its hard to find a cheap airsoft Glock...they are the most popular airsoft sidearms out

Got the pants in yesterday, they are brand new only problem is they are super baggy. I am going to have them tailored so they fit more fitted like Shane's. Once I get back from Wondercon this weekend I will have more updates!

Here is a update after sometime, I have Been waiting on this damn shotgun stock for 2 months. It's been on back order! Finally got it in, had to mod it to get it to fit the airsoft gun but it looks pretty good. The pants came in they are the same model Levi's that Shane wears in the show, had to have them tailored as the legs were enormous! Pretty much done besides weathering and my beard going bye bye!
aru7esep.jpg

Does someone know what brand the pants are in the picture where he is wearing the gray t-shirt? (the 4th picture, right aboce the shotgun attachment grip)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back