Shane Blacks The Predator

TKZOMBIE

So a new set photo was released today showing two Predators on a tank with humans. WTF!

First The Predator Set Photo Showing The Predators

The abomination of the Predator franchise continues to grow with this set photo. Predators are hunters, they hunt humans for sport. They don't collaborate with humans!

The proposed storyline is the movie starts in the jungle supposedly with a Predator dying and not destroying his technology so humans recovery it and transport it back to a base in a suburban area and that's when the Predators come to retrieve their lost technology. Somewhere in there a Super Mutant Predator comes to be and now as this set photo shows the Predators team up with humans to fight it.

Their wearing camo! They have cloaking technology!

This will be a comedic action abomination not a horror/thriller like it should be. Ugh this is so horrible! I'm going to be ill. This will be a disaster, worse than AVPR!

I'll just be over here dreaming that this is all fake to distract us, and hopefully will end up with an actually good movie ...

Last edited:
I thought Predators was great :D I'll be watching that again.
(SEE MY BIAS, Having production items from that movie.)

So a new set photo was released today showing two Predators on a tank with humans. WTF!

First The Predator Set Photo Showing The Predators

The abomination of the Predator franchise continues to grow with this set photo. Predators are hunters, they hunt humans for sport. They don't collaborate with humans!

Their wearing camo! They have cloaking...This will be a comedic action abomination not a horror/thriller like it should be. Ugh this is so horrible! I'm going to be ill. This will be a disaster, worse than AVPR!

You're all gonna hate me for this, but here goes...aside from the comedic hand gestures/poses that Pred is sporting(which is obviously taken on a break and fooling around, if it is indeed a real picture from set), I really reckon it's cool. REALLY COOL. Brought me back to this:
AVP-Capcom.jpg

440px-AvP_arcade_characters.jpg

That pic took me to my childhood and I played that game for hours man, hours!!! While peeps were mastering Streetfighter, I was killing it with my Hunter. Yes, I preferred the hunter to the warrior because, brown is love ;P and his play style I liked more. And there is one stage during the game where they ride a tank like APC, similar to the m577 APC from Aliens 2, where one of your chosen characters got on the back, shooting Xenos!!!!And of course, since I almost always chose Predators, Preds on a tank :D OMG the memories!!! <3 <3 <3

And yes, I do agree with Christina, Predators are hunters, they do Hunt humans for sport, but my preferred Hunter is a Yautja that hunts suitable and worthy prey. My hunter is an honourable hunter :) But from the very first AVP graphic novels and the literature that followed, Yautja have always been depicted to be working with Humans, Machiko Noguchi being the best, prime example. Broken Tusk/Dachande is a great Hunter because he knows he couldn't take a whole swarm by himself, and he knows a kickass, formidable Human, a Woman when he sees one and not afraid to get help from her. For those saying Broken Tusk is a 'softy' too much of a 'Human-lover', I leave you with an excerpt of Steve Perry's Novelization of AVP PREY, while I download an emulator for the game above!!! :D

“Seated in front of the sensor array on Ne'dtesei, Yeyinde watched the alien ship dwindle in their wake. He was Leader; his very name meant "brave one" but he knew the warriors called him "Dachande" when they thought his ears too dull to hear them. That name meant "different knife," and it referred to his left lower tusk, broken in a bare-handed fight against the Hard Meat, the kainde amedha, they of the black armored exoskeletons and acid blood. He smiled inwardly at the name. It could be considered an insult, but he was proud of it. The Hard Meat, save for the queens, were no smarter than dogs, but they were fierce and deadly game. Good prey upon which to train the young warriors. He could have had the tusk capped and reground, but he had left the broken fang a dull stump to remind himself-and any warriors who felt brave or particularly stupid-that only one yautja of all had ever faced the Hard Meat unarmed and walked away. As befitted a true warrior, Dachande himself never spoke of the battle, but let others tell the tale, holding a serious mandible at the embellishments they “But with deadly stingers, they added in the singing of it. He was Leader of the Ne'dtesei, son and grandson of ship leaders and warrior trainers, and he bowed to no one in his skill with blade or burner. He had taken hundreds of young males out to learn the Hunt and had lost but a dozen, most of whom would still be among the living had they obeyed his orders. But he sighed at the ship now so far behind him as to be invisible to even the sensors' keen eyes. Oomans flew in that vessel. He knew of them, the oomans, though he himself had never Hunted them. They were tool folk, had weapons equal to those of the yautja, and were, if the stories could be believed, the ultimate pyode amedha. Soft Meat. But with deadly stingers, the oomans. A true test of skill. What were they doing out here? Where were they bound? A pity he was locked into this Hunt, responsible for a score of itchy would-be warriors full of themselves and ready to show off their prowess. Well. Someday he would Hunt them, the oomans. For now he had a ship to fly, hunts to prepare.”

Excerpt From: Steve Perry. “0553565559[FY].” iBooks. Aliens vs. Predator, PREY

And oh yeah, I liked AVP and all other Pred related films(because, Predator Bias), but I've really got to say Hollywood really, really, really, really botched it up when they didn't choose Machiko/Broken Tusk story to start of the AVP franchise..

Edit: Found some more images, Bonus Gort/Guardian and Predator on Tank :D
More-screens-of-AVP.jpg

Last edited:
The costume of the predator throwing the piece sign looks like an amateur made it by hand. It's hard to believe that was made by a highly paid group of Hollywood artists. And the predator riding in the tank? I really hope that's not part of the script and the actor decided to just hop in for a funny photo opportunity.

While I understand your Nostalgia Isubomo, I would say AvP 3 and concrete jungle would be better games to look to for plot.

Haven't read that comic yet (since the 3 I did read were complete and utter ****) but if Dachande ends up teaming up with a human(s), then some excerpt of him maybe hunting humans one day doesn't really make it any better ... in my eyes maybe even worse.

But no, dont hate you for your opinion. I'm just

26k9Td7.gif

And Wreav,
What's giving you the ability to "start to have faith in this movie."?? Is there something I missed?
ADI also made these freaks ... so ... I still see this as a 50/50 chance to get a good looking Pred. Which after that set picture (if real) should be corrected to a 0-10% chance of decent looking Preds.

Scar2.png

I am having faith in this movie because I had a really nice Kebab earlier on and I thought of an amazing scenario which will probably not happen in the film. But despite that ADI has had time to see what people liked and what they didn't like in regards to Predator I mean they haven't done anything Predator related since AVPR. I want to see what they come up with next.

Hey Nic, all good, I understand all those disappointed. :)

Regarding the arcade game I posted, there are definitely better games with the AVP theme, but just when I saw that 'pic', my mind immediately went to that game I played so many years ago and it was one of those things that made me fall in love with the Predator universe. I grew up in the time of Golden Axe and Bare Knuckle, the good ol' Family Computer System, and Beat 'em up games to me are your Uncharted/Assassin's Creed, etc.. And the only reason I posted it was because heaps of people are not liking the Human-Pred Team up, thinking it absurd, where in actuality, it is a recurring theme during the founding years of Aliens versus Predator. On top of my head, I can give you atleast 8 series (great stories, IMO) where there has been a Team up, or at the least, the Predator and Human have a truce at the end out of respect and honour for each other.

I would heartily suggest reading up on Aliens versus Predator (1990), the one that started it all. I'll see if I can put it up as resource somewhere here, or I'll look for a link to read it online for free later, and then tell me what you think. The Novels (3 of them) written by S.D. Perry are also a most excellent read.

Humans are the ultimate soft shelled prey to Broken Tusk, and the best Real Life hunters would tell you that the Prey you hunt deserves your utmost respect. Dachande, being a most honourable hunter (******** I LOVE this Yautja), sees Machiko as a very skilled, great Warrior / Hunter and so he sees her as an equal. It truly is a work of art that piece of literature. :) I won't spoil it too much, but there's a part where a human doctor saves Dachande from grave injuries and in return, when one of his young bloods attacks and tries to kill said doctor, Dachande saves doctor from being butchered and upon seeing the disrespect the young blood has brought to the hunt by killing innocents, kills the young blood. That's the kind of Yautja Broken Tusk is :D

Edit: And oh yeah Nic, I totally agree with you on the 'Freaks'. never the less, still Predator, gobbled it up... XD

I guess I get where you're coming from Isubomo, however the 3 comics I read and seriously disliked were Predator Omnibus, AvP Omnibus (only volume 1 of those two), and Predator Prey to the heavens... to me it feels like they sort of **** on what I expect a Predator to be.
A ruthless Alien Hunter that views humans (and Xenomorphs) as game, and nothing more. I don't want to see a group of predators, then kill a few because plot. Then there's the fact that they portray humans and xenos as somewhat equal to predators, which I personally find unacceptable.
While the movies show the human triumph, to me that should be a 1 in a million scenario. The exception ... not the rule. That's sort of my biggest issue with those comics as they often just turn preds into cannon and xenomorph fodder besides one of them that survives because plot.

Last edited:
But FYI to me Wolf has been the only portrayal of the direction of Pred I'm looking for. There was some honor and hesitation, but point a weapon at him and you're screwed. I think he looked at humans as more of an annoyance (that can pose a threat if not careful). But I don't think he would have teamed up with that group if he had the chance. They're "lower life forms" similar as we would view primates on a hunt.

But for the record I'm definitely cool on the idea of a standstill.

Last edited:
I am starting to have faith in this film.
AS LONG AS ADI can pulled of something like wolf.

View attachment 265440

I want the wolf neck collar so who makes that?

The photo is clearly between takes but I don't think they'd go through the effort of camo pants and tactical armour on the predators for the fun of it! Time will tell but my hopes are dashed on this one. I can only hope for unique cool looking Predators among a bad story.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back