Shadowrun RPG crowdfunding

Ugh and i won't get paid before then to donate. I already had to back out of my Wasteland 2 one because of unexpected bills. I'd love to get this game though, i miss the 2d Shadowrun games for the SNES and Genesis.

I remember the Shadowrun games for Genesis and SNES being completely different. I think the SNES one was the one I really loved. Which one had you wake up in a morgue at the very beginning?

Now that is cool! I played a lot of ShadowRun table top though I lost faith in the system when they rebranded deckers as hackers. But this looks good. Now the only question is how much I pledge.

I just played the pen/paper SR adventures, best gameplay ever imho! I always wondered why noone made a movie. I mean, it has SciFi, monsters, magic etc...what more can you ask for?

I just played the pen/paper SR adventures, best gameplay ever imho! I always wondered why noone made a movie. I mean, it has SciFi, monsters, magic etc...what more can you ask for?

Sadly, it probably wouldn't do very well. Sci-fi/fantasy tends to be a niche market unless there is a huge pop-culture tie-in. I would see it working better as an animated series. That way they can tell a story and create the background lore without trying to cram everything into a 2 hour block.

I remember the Shadowrun games for Genesis and SNES being completely different. I think the SNES one was the one I really loved. Which one had you wake up in a morgue at the very beginning?

That was the SNES one. Yeah it was 2 different takes on the same universe, the Sega one was a lot darker and more in depth. I'm hoping to sell my Kindle so I can donate.

I'd love to be able to pick up the grand prize. But I'll do what I can, and make sure my friends are aware of the kickstarter program. Thanks!

We're closing in on the last few days so everyone chip in even 15.00 and get a copy of the game. It's looking good, they got the guys who did the music for the SNES and Genesis games to help with this. I think they're even bringing back some characters from those games.

Folks are making sure it's known that they don't want the SNES/Genesis tie in mission to be available to only the people who donated a lot of cash. I donated to the Wasteland 2 one too. I did 30.00 for them as they had better packages for goodies. I plan on making my own docwagon card.

Just got an email saying that even though investors get the DRM free game all DLC are going to require Steam and won't work with the DRM free version. I'm seriously ticked.

I know it's been nearly a year but did anyone else get the game? I'm working on the DLC and it blows the original campaign out of the water. There's a ton of good fan made missions too, and there's a group trying to create a 100 hour campaign based on the books and novels. They also got microsoft to have a heart and allow all future content, including the current dlc, be drm free via gog.com.

Oh yeah, I helped Kickstart both Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Online at $250 a piece. I'm a huge fan of Cyberpunk and the SNES Shadowrun game is still one of my all time favorite games, so when I had a chance to bring Shadowrun back I jumped on it. Then Harebrained kept improving the backer rewards and I kept increasing my donation.
The user generated content is going to keep this game going for a while. I haven't even started to play with the editor yet but I have a lot of ideas for Shadowrun stories.
Will also be getting the Shadowrun Crossfire card game if they ever get around to releasing it.

I got the game retail (Well, steam-tail). It's kind of dizzying if you don't know the classes and races and abilities that well. Makes character creation a bit difficult, but I suppose I could figure it out if I played with it more. I've been mostly playing other games lately, though, but I'm glad I have this one in my library.

I think microsoft realized how big this was when it raised so much cash in such a short time and knew they'd lose customers because of their DRM view. Hopefully Harebrained gets to make more DLC for this game and the fan stuff lives for a while. There's even a project to remake the snes game to run in Returns. Tell you what even on easy this game isn't easy, i'm really out of luck at the end of the main campaign even after restarting. My complaint is you don't get random battles to level up with like you did in the console games.
I like the look of SR online but i hate MMOs so i'm out of luck. That was the downfall of the xbox game, once they shut the servers down there was nothing the game would do. I wish i could have gotten the backer dogtags but i chose the other option and now a set of broken tags are on ebay.

Neat! I enjoyed the base campaign, and started playing through some UGC, but got sidetracked. Overall, I really enjoyed the game and the setting. I haven't tried the Dragonfall remix, though, but I have that, too.

On the whole, I recommend this if you dig turnbased games, especially in different settings.

The Dragonfall Director's cut is really good. My only complaint is that the only easy way to play the fan made stuff is using steam. Which is a shame as there's some good ones, including a group remaking the original SNES version. I'd still have liked some more optional jobs you could take on and a looting of corpses system though.

Got a kickstarter backer e-mail today from Harebrained Schemes showing a single pic of concept art for the upcoming game. Hints at a possible Hong Kong setting, which was actually I think the second most wanted location from the Dragonfall location backer poll in which Berlin won the vote.

Needless to say, I guarantee I will be backing, it will just depend on what the backer reward tiers are to determine how much I will donate.

What I am hoping for is more editing assets, especially in clothing and visual customization to characters, and a streamlined UI for the editor.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back