Thanks guys...heres my technique so far that is workingYou have to show us your ways!
1) Gesso any kind will do as long as it has the consistency of hair gel. You don't need to buy the expensive golden sandable any gesso is sandable but you want something thicker then glue.
2) Aguaflex for drywall repair. This is the key this product is a mashup of paperfiber and fiberglass and is sandable its also rated for 3mm flexability so its a great base coat plus a great filler.
3) Apply a consistent coat of aguaflex let dry overnight, wet sand 360 then another coat wait a few hours and go to the gesso step
4) I live in a garment district so I find pieces of foam the squishy yellow kind for free and its a great applicator of the gesso. After I have sanded the aguaflex smooth I layer the gesso filling gaps and holes drying and sanding between coats again with 360 grit wet sandpaper until I get about 1.5mm thick coating.
5) Wet sand till you even out the dent dings divets or clean the 90 degree angles and let dry over night
Now you can paint....I found red primer to look nice, I didnt want a shinny brand new car look and car paint is sooo expensive here and worse it cracks. The gesso with primer will give you tiny tiny tiny cracks if you flex too much but not like broken pottery.
I like the way the suit feels now more beefy and its great to use on 5mm or 6mm foam so graphic J if your checking this out dont hate your 5mm this is a great option. As I get more ahead ill post pics thanks for all the support hopefully Ill get this finished before avengers 2 comes out