SG1 Costume

USS Endeav

Sr Member
Hi,

I know Stargate isn't very popular here but what the heck, figured I'd ask.

I'm looking to put together an SG1 costume, from the latter seasons.
If anyone here has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

I have done some research and learned the pants used on the show are/were ripstop cotton
which I have found. The shirt I may have a lead on but the vest, thigh holster, P90 flashlight
and misc gear ie, water bottle, walkie talkie are things I need to find.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,

I know Stargate isn't very popular here but what the heck, figured I'd ask.

I'm looking to put together an SG1 costume, from the latter seasons.
If anyone here has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

I have done some research and learned the pants used on the show are/were ripstop cotton
which I have found. The shirt I may have a lead on but the vest, thigh holster, P90 flashlight
and misc gear ie, water bottle, walkie talkie are things I need to find.

Any help will be appreciated.

If you're going for a later season look then you're probably aiming for the all black uniform instead of the greens. You're basically looking at the same uniform components throughout the series.

Your t-shirt will be pretty easy. Any black t-shirt will do. On the show they wore shirts from a variety of different brands. Long and short sleeve is accurate.

To go with your BDU pants you'll need a G8 WEP style jacket. These were custom made for the show. Follow Risu's suggestion here and contact Ryan at Stitch's Loft for a jacket and Velcro backed patches.

Hat wise you could get a BDU patrol cap or look for an O'Neill style ball cap (Stitch's Loft might have some of these available).

Vest is the Blackhawk Omega Medic Utility with a few small changes. Unfortunately these have been redesigned, so you're going to need to look for an old one and not a new one from Blackhawk. It's not as easy to find the original style vest, but if you look long enough you will see them come up for sale. Otherwise there is always Stitch's Loft for a conversion job.

To go with the vest you're going to need a LC2 pistol belt in black.

You'll need a drop leg holster. Decide if you want to carry a Zat Gun or an M92F. If a Zat Gun then Stitch's Loft. If an M92F then you need the Blackhawk Omega VI holster. I believe these are still the same design. Lots of airsoft options available for the M92F -- I like the one made by KWC; cheap and includes Beretta trademarks.

Canteen is a standard GI issue 1 quart canteen in black, along with the standard nylon cover. Any surplus place will have these.

You'll want a black M9 Bayonet & Scabbard (get a rubber airsoft version).

Backpack was the Omega Streamline Pack. Discontinued and just about impossible to find. If you want a lookalike then go to Stitch's Loft for a 90-95% accurate pack.

Boot-wise they mainly used the Magnum Response. Again they're out of stock. So you could either go generic or email Stitch's Loft if you want an original pair of Magnum's tracked down.

Walkie Talkie is a Motorola Visor.

For the P90 you'll need a custom harness. Stitch's Loft for this.

Mount a Streamlight Scorpion on the left side of the P90 (get the xenon bulb version not the LED version). Use either one or two 1" weaver rings, an airsoft ICS MC-75, or an airsoft King Arms QD mount.

You could leave the right side of the P90 empty, or bolt on a second side rail. The second rail could hold either a Kull Killer (super soldier disruptor) or a laser. If you go this route I can hook you up with replicas of either. I make the Kull Killers and will have exact replicas of the green laser available soon.

I also do replicas of the P90 itself if you don't want to get an airsoft. If you do go airsoft then get a P90S, not a P90 TR. If you get a TR then you'll need to swap out the upper receiver.

If you want a G.D.O. to wear on your forearm then I make these as well. Pictures are on SG1Props.com.

That was very informative, thank you!

I managed to find boots, the torch, the Motorola Visor, Weaver rings and the wrist watch so far.
I was thinking of the Evike P90, http://www.evike.com/products/39653/.
If you can guide me on installing a green sight that would be great, if yours is functional, I'll buy one.

I sent an email to Stitch asking about the jacket and vest after I saw his eBay listings. I wasn't sure if his colors would match the
100% ripstop cotton BDU pants I found that match the Vietnam era style.

I'd like a 100% black outfit but I've watched 30+ episodes from seasons 8 thru 10 and it seems the ODG was the primary color.
I couldn't find one ep where all black was used :(

I'll send you an email through your site.

The P90 for sale on Evike is the TR version, and so you would need to replace the upper receiver. They no longer stock the screen accurate model. It goes into and out of production every few years, and right now they aren't being made. This is what it looks like http://www.evike.com/products/38149/

Oh, also, if you'd be interested in a con safe rubber P90 then that's something that will be available in the near future :cool

The correct green laser is the GreenBeam 1000 with M1 mount. It's a pricey unit at $300. Non-working replicas from me will run about $20 as soon as I get the mold done. If you want a genuine working GB1000 then hit up Optics Planet online. They have them on sale for about $170 right now. Still a lot for a laser! You can also get a generic rifle mount green lasers on ebay for $20-$50.

OD was the primary uniform, but black showed up a few times. Mostly seasons 9 and 10. Probably less often than the desert uniform.

season9ep8.jpg

season10ep6.jpg

season10ep7.jpg

Again, thank you!

I'm ordering the GB1000. It has an option to add the M1 mount. Would you know if that is suitable for the Tokyo Marui P90

I'll also take one of your non working GB1000 versions.

SG is awesome!
Stitch should be able to hook you up with your equipment.

You may want to give the BDU jacket conversion a try for your G-8 Wep Jacket.

I have templates for the Picatinny style rails and sight in my P90 sights/Nerf Raven build if you want to mod an inexpensive springer airsoft.

I'm ordering the GB1000. It has an option to add the M1 mount. Would you know if that is suitable for the Tokyo Marui P90

I'll also take one of your non working GB1000 versions.

Yep the M1 mount will fit the Tokyo Marui perfectly. And it is also the same mount that was used on the show. You will just need a second rail to mount on the P90.

I have mount kits (resin side rails + mounting hardware) that I can hook you up with along with the the non working GB1000.

I'd also recommend that you check out Sci-Fi Hero.net it's not a terribly active site these days but it's probably the best source of info on Stargate costumes on the web. I also second Stitch for your Stargate costuming needs, he's easily the best source for SG related costuming items out there.

One last bit of advice, personally, I wouldn't get too caught on brand names and feeling the need to get the exact item(s) used in the show for your costume. Real tac gear can get pricey which is why I prefer the airsoft replicas, they look like the real thing but cost a lot less. The may not be as sturdy as the real deal but they'd be more than good enough for costuming since you won't be running around the woods with the the stuff and if it does fail it's not like it could cost you your life. So, save yourself some money and shop the airsoft stores for most of your tac gear.

Oh, and another thing. The original pants used on SG-1 were made from ripstop cotton and back when the show was on and for some years after you could find OD or black BDU trousers in ripstop cotton at any surplus store or online shop. But now, for some reason, nobody carries ripstop cotton BDUs anymore, all you can get is NYCO ripstop. It's similar to cotton ripstop but it's a lighter weight material and hangs differently from the cotton. It really doesn't make a difference unless you're super picky about being canon and what not but it will definitely do the job and pretty much look the part.

Thanks Riceball....I'll check that link and I plan to stick with airsoft as well. Anything else might not even be allowed into the con anyway.

I am pretty sure the Season 1 handheld flashlight used a snake light SLC1 (110V halogen) stuck into a Garrity handle. I am not sure if they cut out the horizontal guards or if they had a different version of the safety cover. There was a handheld/pin on light used in "Solitudes" that was belived to have been pulled out of the handheld light, but if it did use the SLC1, that would not have been the case. It may be something custom or not yet identified (as far as I know). I believe starting with "The Tomb" in season 5 they just used a handheld halogen worklight (Regent MCL35) painted OD.

I am pretty sure the Season 1 handheld flashlight used a snake light SLC1 (110V halogen) stuck into a Garrity handle. I am not sure if they cut out the horizontal guards or if they had a different version of the safety cover. There was a handheld/pin on light used in "Solitudes" that was belived to have been pulled out of the handheld light, but if it did use the SLC1, that would not have been the case. It may be something custom or not yet identified (as far as I know). I believe starting with "The Tomb" in season 5 they just used a handheld halogen worklight (Regent MCL35) painted OD.
Thank you so much for the help and quick reply.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back