Seven Samurai?

theyrenotdolls

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was wondering if anyone had made costumes from one of my favorite movies:
Seven Samurai
big_SevenSamurai.jpg

i question i thought i would never hear on this site. if i where you i would do some sruffing on the net there are also costume (cosplay) web sites that do a good job on kemono's or how ever there spelled. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ Jun 30 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]1271402[/snapback]</div>
i question i thought i would never hear on this site. if i where you i would do some sruffing on the net there are also costume (cosplay) web sites that do a good job on kemono's or how ever there spelled. ;)
[/b]

I wasnt interested in making one....due to my lack of sewing skills, but i was just curious to see if anyone had some cool displays of these guys. I'll do some looking around in a few days and i'll post what i find.

BEST MOVIE EVER MADE. I show my high school film class Seven Samurai on the big screen in our auditorium. It never fails to thrill me.

You can get basic Hakama (?) pant patterns at a number of spots. You can also get the samurai sandals tutorial on the web (I have no addresses, sorry.) Kikuchiyo's thong should be easy enough to do. Wear a g-string and carry around a trout on a stick, and you're golden.

What I would love is a replica of Kambei's sword, although who could tell the proper colors.

The costumes themselves aren't terribly distincive especially when they're in a black and white movie. I think there are color stills out there so you can tell what's what with how they really were. Actually I always thought it would be cool to have a replica of their flag.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back