"Serenity" the Operative sword source.

Krel Jedi

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/DBA033-2367-1295.html

Here is a link to the sword that became the operative sword.

TheOperativeHeroAluminiumSword-01.JPG

Hero Operative sword.

Not quite.

That one's powder coated black, where the Operative's one is highly polished.

A different version of this sword might be a good starting spot (it's pretty readily available). Making the cut-outs in the spine of the blade is going to be your toughest challenge.

Originally posted by Kaylee+Jan 20 2006, 10:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaylee @ Jan 20 2006, 10:39 AM)</div>
budK has a stainless sword-ish thing that looks a little closer for $20, and there's scuttlebut that Windlass will be making a licensed copy for MRL/Atlanta Cutlery sometime this year. Personally, I'd wait for the latter. :)

<!--QuoteBegin-Krel Jedi
@Jan 20 2006, 10:11 AM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/DBA033-2367-1295.html

Here is a link to the sword that became the operative sword.
[snapback]1163640[/snapback]​
[snapback]1163652[/snapback]​
[/b]

The BudK sword has a much sharper tip. I'm not saying that they used this sword off the shelf, since the hero sword is aluminum. It appears to me though that they based the sword on this model.

I have the BudK version and the only real difference is the grip. It looks like the Operative's sword has a wood grip underneath the wrap. The BudK doesn't. I'm most pleased with it nonetheless, but will certainly be interested in seeing a Windlass version.

Edit: Here's the link: http://budk.com/product.asp?pn=BK605

I believe the movie sword was a custom peice based on a real world item. Maybe it was a water jetted peice of aluminum, polished with custom machined handles made out of a rubber/plastic material.
Just my hunch but you wont find anything out there off the shelf thats accurate unless the maker gets ahold of one of the few production made peices. Even the rubber production peices would be off as alterations would need to be made for molding purposes.
Although,
again,
just a hunch :)

You can really tell when someone has no interest in props and just sells them for the cash. Found this guy on ebay selling the BudK sword as exact replicas. The funny part is that he is selling the set. Anyone else not able to remember the operative walking around with two swords? :lol

A quote from his listing...

"These high quality swords are made of the finest materials and are crafted to exact specifications, yet we are pleased to offer this replica at a deep discounted price."

He is selling them for $45, bet he buys them from the budk site at $19.

It was also pointed out that the Operative's sword has five long cutouts while mine(the BudK version) only has four.

I'm still quite pleased w/ mine, though.

<div class='quotetop'>(SmilingOtter @ Jul 24 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1286807[/snapback]</div>
It was also pointed out that the Operative's sword has five long cutouts while mine(the BudK version) only has four.

I'm still quite pleased w/ mine, though.
[/b]

I have a budK sword also and love it. Its a far cry from an exact replica though.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back