Serenity movie - Kaylee's colorful costume top in pictures

Confortif

I have the pleasure of owning the costume top that was worn by Jewel Staite's stunt double in the movie Serenity (she played Kaylee Frye -- but you know that). It has been on display in our home theater for years. This year I took it out to have Ms. Staite autograph it. Before I put it back in its frame I thought I'd share detailed photographs of this visually interesting costume. The pictures are posted on my Flickr page. I show the entire piece but also detailed sections such as the sleeves which are made of several different fabric pieces sewn expertly together (inside and out). A ruler is placed alongside several of the seams so you can estimate the sewing pattern.

If you ever wanted to make a close replica of this costume now's your chance. I can tell you that finding the materials or even replicating them will be a real challenge. Some of it appears to be a silk blend. If you do successfully create a replica, even one that's not exact, please let me know how you did it.

Enjoy!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back