Serenity: Malcolm's Pistol & Ships Papers (Whitefall's version)

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since I'm in the run of Sarednab for a Serenity Malcolm Reynolds gun, I thought it would be nice to also add the Serenity Ships Papers too. I first was looking for the Quantum Mechanix (QMX) version, but then RPF member Straycatt offered a set for sale, made by Whitefall.

I did some initial research and found out that Whitefalls version was the first one out there, and after that Whitefall helpde QMX to design their set, resulting in a very similar set of documents. I also found out that Stephen Dymszo is involved in QMX, and since this guys has a very, VERY bad reputation here, I'd rather buy a Whitefall set, than one of QMX.

So I bought the set from Straycatt and was very pleased with what I received. Only the metal plate that holded the documents together had the holes in it drilled a bit uneven, so the plate assembled a bit tilted compared to the border of the leather document holder. So I commissioned a new plate with RPF member Teddz. I gave him the measurements of the plate, and a few days later I received my new part. To protect the documents from getting scratched by the plate, I also applied some green felt to the back of it.

I was also planning on weathering the documents a bit. But since I didn't want to do that on the original documents, I scanned them all very carefully in 1200 dpi, and printed them out at a A3 / 1200 dpi color laser printer. The original documents are stored safely in a document tube, and the copies are ready to be aged. But before I do that (if I ever will, I'm not that sure anymore), I wanted to post some pics of this great addition in my collection.

So this is document holder closed (duh):

Serenity01.jpg

Some of the documents in there:

Serenity02.jpg Serenity03.jpg

This is a complete view of all the documents in the leather holder:

Serenity04.jpg

The documents included are:

1. Firefly identification sheet => Malcolm as captian
2. Chinese page with stamps on the right side (no idea what this paper actually is)
3. TG freight page
4. Sheet with external characteristics of the ship
=> attached is the Original Transfert Certificate
5. Declaration of non-standard cargo space
6. Violation sheet
=> renewal ship works slip and bribe money attached (I added an extra money bill)
7. Cortex nav beacon lisence
8. Traders Guild certificate
9. Unified reclamation for Beaumonde
10. Unified reclamation for Hera
11. Firefly identification sheet => Eli Harbatkin as captain

And some special close-up of the replacement part made by Teddz:

Serenity05.jpg Serenity06.jpg

And now waiting on the gun to arrive, so it can be added to these Ships papers :).

Last edited:
Re: Serenity Ships Papers: Whitefall's version

Glad I could help out. That's a beautiful document holder. Well done. :thumbsup

Glad I could help out. That's a beautiful document holder. Well done. :thumbsup
Thanks for the service, mate. That little brass plate made it just perfect ;).

Is there any chance that Whitefall is still making these?
Don't think so. He worked on the Quantum Mechanics version after these. You can always ask him, off course...

I got a set of ships papers from Yellowjacket a year or so ago, and finally got around to making the wallet for them (In fact I made 3)

I posted a DIY thread here for how to make your own:

http://www.fireflyprops.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1633

Here's some pics:

12467787_10153872234508343_1058525691_n_zpszugyq7ou.jpg

Here's some nice shots:
IMG_0303_zpsmvnmhlcl.jpg

IMG_0304_zpsca327evt.jpg

IMG_0305_zpsa3yfkqbu.jpg

IMG_0306_zpsh52kbprj.jpg

IMG_0300_zpsfwajp2bm.jpg

IMG_0301_zpshdtoekty.jpg

These papers are awesome and look really great. He might be able to do another run if there is more interest.

Currently, I have his set in one wallet, and a set I found on here with lower quality in a second wallet. My third wallet is empty. :(

Thanks for sharing your pics. Is it possible that your wallets are a bit smaller than mine? Mine is about 23 cm wide and about 45cm long...

Thanks for sharing your pics. Is it possible that your wallets are a bit smaller than mine? Mine is about 23 cm wide and about 45cm long...

Mine measure (based on the template on my DIY)

22.8 cm wide, 48.9 cm long, minus about 0.3 cm for the burnishing mine are actually a bit longer

Thanks to TomVDJ and Monkey540... great pics and thanks for sharing your informations, especially about the wallet itself.
Have this as a "ToDo" on my whish-list for a while now. Think will start my own built soon now :D

I decided to "upgrade" my papers a bit, and added some other Serenity / Firefly props. Still waiting for the ultimate prop to add to my collection: Sarednab's Malcolm Pistol (Serenity Version). So here are some additional pictures. First an overview of all the props, waiting for the pistol ;) :

Papers07.jpg Papers01.jpg

I created some heist money based on high res scans of the QMX set. I own one set, but felt that there were not enough bills, so I reproduced them myself and put the originals back in the QMX box. The ammo box was made from one of the free paper props offered here on the RPF. Great little addition to the set!

I also upgraded my papers. First I attached the Transfert Certificate to the Ships Characteristics Sheets with brass rivets. Looks much better than with just a paperclip, and it keeps the certificate nicely in position:

Papers02.jpg

Second, I added some extra bribe money that corresponds with the bills from the heist money:

Papers03.jpg

I also felt that a real blueprint of the ship was missing from the set, so I created this sheet myself (can also be found in the free paper prop section here on the RPF):

Papers04.jpg

I also printed the blueprints on some bigger format to have folded and rolled version...

And last of all, I added some extra documents, also found in the free paper prop section:

Papers06.jpg Papers05.jpg

So that's it for now. I hope I can post some pics of this set, along with Malcolm's pistol, soon.

Hey, it's my ammo box! :D

Glad you like it.

Your improved set of papers looks good.

I'm not sure if I should post them, cause they are Yellowjacket 's work. But a while back I started to fill in a few of the ships papers that he created, they look like this:

Papers Filled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I love seeing all these, While I only have the QMx versions it is still one of my favorites cause over the years I have come pretty close to getting all the casts signatures on the Crew and Passenger Roster...
IMG_20160213_151546.jpg

That document with original signatures, sure is one to treasure... But for someone in the EU, I guess it's impossible to get all these signatures ;).

I'm not sure if I should post them, cause they are @Yellowjacket 's work. But a while back I started to fill in a few of the ships papers that he created, they look like this:

View attachment 602826
Don't think YellowJacket will mind. After all he made these available for everybody and you mentioned him as the creator. I might add some of his papers too. The ones I included now (apart from the blueprint) are made by RPF member Beery.

Last week, I received my Malcolm Reynolds pistol from Sarednab. Great addition to my Serenity collection. Here some pics of the gun (all metal, coper plated and weathered, based on Sidkit parts):

Gun01.jpg Gun02.jpg
And off course some "show-off pics" with my other Serenity props:

Gun03.jpg Gun04.jpg

Gun07.jpg Gun06.jpg

Gun05.jpg

This pistol just blends in perfectly into the "atmosphere" of the Serenity props. I just love it. Great work, als always, Sarednab!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back