Serenity - Firefly Class at HT forum

I'll be watching this closely. I've seen a lot of threads on a lot of forums about this ship, but nothing has turned into a model kit yet. We've been waiting quite a while on Serenity.

HO does seem an odd choice. It might make diaromas easier since there will be quite bit of model trail road material to use with it. However, you might have a tough time coming up with ground crews or other scaled items.

Originally posted by cobywan@Jan 23 2006, 04:22 PM
Hardly.  There are THOUSANDS of items in HO scale.  People, animals and machines.
[snapback]1166148[/snapback]​

I guess I'm just unfamiliar with the scale. I'm used to working with trucks and ground crews in "standard" scales such as 1/72 and 1/48. I know HO is a standard scal model rail roads, but I don't know how many aircraft/spacecraft items the rail road manufacturers make.

I suppose it wouldn't take to too much effort to kit bash an steam engine crew into a docking bay crew.

the reason he chose that scale is because there is an official ornament coming out thats is 6 inches long and there is another who is potentially kitting serenity which would be 12 inches long, then there is the possability of alex kungs model and whatever size that is, and he thought hey why not go all out since there are so many other scales being produced, the folks over on HT also wanted it in HO so they could fill the cargo hold with cows

What I'm going to be watching is PRICE... B)

Thomas has a LONG track record of bashing
other GK makers as " overpricing " thier kit's...
He claimed many a time that most ALL of the
GK's out there are overpriced and " he " will make
his kit's " affordable "...

We shall see.... :unsure

Help me out here. HO scale would place this Serenity model at what size?

And if HO means big scale, and this will be extreeeemely detailed, then I'm in. Just need to get a new job... :lol

edit: waaaait... 28" :confused Where do I sign up?

Originally posted by Wolvster1
Thomas has a LONG track record of bashing
other GK makers as " overpricing " thier kit's...
LONG track record eh?

I have always based the cost of my kits on what the actual production cost is, not by how much work went into the one master or how cool I or others may think it is. This one will be no different.

The model will be built at 28" in length, with a wingspan of 17" and a height of 8.5" on her gear.

Thomas, good to see you post. And I must say, you've got the full attention of many of us.

Terrible question, but do you have any estimate on price? Estimate on quantity? Limited run?... details, man, details.

Also, I'm confused about the catwalk situation in the cargo bay--will they be there, or not?

If I can afford it I will definitely get one. Serenity was one of the most unique looking ship designs to come around in a while. Sure its an "ugly" but its the kind of "ugly" we all love - it looks functional (if not particularly areodynamic) and was central to all pf the styory telling int he series and movie.. Its gotta have in my book... As long as I can continue to pay my mortgage the same month I buy it ;)

Any estimated release dates? I've heard rumors but would like to get it from the "source" ;)

Jedi Dade

:cry

At this point in time, I have no idea of cost or completion date. I have two commercial tooling masters and one garage kit master I am currently working on, which are all on the verge of completion. Serenity is next. Paying jobs will come in while I am working on that and those will take precedence.

While the majority of the model price will be based on production cost, there will be additional costs incurred that will be out of my hands like the electronics boards and the photo-etch. Like always, I have ZERO intention on pricing any model I make by how much work I put into the one master or on how cool I and others think it is.

Originally posted by cobywan@Jan 24 2006, 12:54 PM
I'm more concerned about the history of non delivery of product.  There IS a long history of that with you.  And why I have never taken the risk of buying a kit from you.
Cobywan, this is hearsay unless you've got concrete evidence. Otherwise, hearsay does nothing but spread potentially false information.

It's good to know that your time isn't worth anything to you.  Kits at material cost are a bargain.  Most other people have overhead to deal with.  Bills, power, maintanence of equipment.  You know.  Typical business stuff.
[snapback]1166888[/snapback]​
Lets keep this thread on-topic without the sarcasm and attitude. PM sent.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back