sequel to predators??

Cybertron Pred

the two guys behind the film say if they make the revenue to cover the cost of the film and if the fans want it they will go ahead and make it, at the moment it is the wait and see what happens thing.

so if it happens what would you like to see in the sequel??

To be honest, i don't want any sequels. Predators was way better than P2 imo, and is a perfect sequel to the original Predator. I don't really want them to destroy it making another film, which will be worse for sure. Predators should be the last movie in Predator franchise (i'm not mentioning AVP series, for me it's a separate series)

According to a Rodriguez interview in June, they'll make a sequel (if the movie makes enough profit)
They'll base it on the Rodriguez awful script (early 90ies script).
that one with pred-bikes, king pred, arena with dna modified monsters and hybrid,humans trading slaves against pred tech etc... and that ridiculous moment when preds take a piss on a prey.

They will also try to get a Arnie cameo.

Anyway, Predator 2 was a great and true sequel to Predator, and the last good predator movie.

god, tell me you're not serious.

i've always been a fan of P2, but Predators just fits better with the original film.

I loved P2 also, has a rather unfair reputation in my opinion. As for a Predators sequal, i hope it happens, i think predators was a huge step in the right direction. I would like to see more of the predators onscreen, Longer and better choreographed fight scenes and as little cgi as possible for the death scenes etc.

So far worldwide they made about $43 million. It cost them $40 Million to make the movie.
Uhm so far I don't think they will make another unless they give me $3 Million to make a fan film.

Yeah I dont think they are gonna get enough profit from this movie to even make a second one.
If they do, there are a lot they can do to make the second one a couple steps above this one.

So far worldwide they made about $43 million. It cost them $40 Million to make the movie.
Uhm so far I don't think they will make another unless they give me $3 Million to make a fan film.

I think your estimates are a little off my friend, so far world wide the movie has grossed: $50,571,704, that's not too bad since the movie basically opened 8 days ago. From what I understand, AVPR was in theaters for about 13 weeks [AVP was in theaters for 16 weeks], so we still have 12 more to go. This isn't county any potential sales of DVD's and Blue-Ray discs.

I firmly believe that the movie will be a box office hit and will line up the next movie.

I believe that when Rob Rod wrote this movie, he actually wrote more then one.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main...d=predators.htm

So far the ranking it receives is a: "B". The only other Predator movie that was ranked higher then a "C" was the original "Predator". Predator 2, AVP, and AVPR were all ranked "C".

I think your estimates are a little off my friend, so far world wide the movie has grossed: $50,571,704, that's not too bad since the movie basically opened 8 days ago. From what I understand, AVPR was in theaters for about 13 weeks [AVP was in theaters for 16 weeks], so we still have 12 more to go. This isn't county any potential sales of DVD's and Blue-Ray discs.

I firmly believe that the movie will be a box office hit and will line up the next movie.

I believe that when Rob Rod wrote this movie, he actually wrote more then one.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main...d=predators.htm

So far the ranking it receives is a: "B". The only other Predator movie that was ranked higher then a "C" was the original "Predator". Predator 2, AVP, and AVPR were all ranked "C".

This is helpful information and I always like checking on the progress of this film and it looks like I will be checking on this site every week to make sure that it does get a sequel opportunity because as Predator fans we need to see more movies with them in it. I know not a lot of us didn't not enjoy it as much as we enjoyed the original or P2, but I'm not comparing this film with all the others in the past I'm just happy that after 23 years we are still going to see Predators @ the movies.

Hopefully they will make anouther, maybe have some preds that are actually hard to kill this time ;)

Preds pets were harder to kill than the preds

I hope they don't make a sequel as well.The movie was a disgrace to the Predator franchise in my opinion.It had a couple good scenes but overall I was very disappointed.The new Predators were honestly stupid looking, and the fact that every time they turned around they were stealing stuff from the original shows no originality.If they do make another Predator movie,I think it should be about their homeworld and how they become hunters ect.I would like to see a sequel to AVPR.

Thanks, Daren

I hope they don't make a sequel as well.The movie was a disgrace to the Predator franchise in my opinion.It had a couple good scenes but overall I was very disappointed.The new Predators were honestly stupid looking, and the fact that every time they turned around they were stealing stuff from the original shows no originality.If they do make another Predator movie,I think it should be about their homeworld and how they become hunters ect.I would like to see a sequel to AVPR.

Thanks, Daren

You mean as in a "prequel" to the Predator and Predators movies? Idk, I don't think I would like to know their homeworld-it takes away from the mystery too much. A sequel to AVPR...maybe, but we better be able to see it...lol But who knows, perhaps if this movie takes off enough, which would make room for another. FOX may ask Rob Rod to write another AVP to sort of help that along.

Ok as hopefully my last post of the day.Predators did well and was a huge succes compared to the AVP's.Honestly we can't just have no more predator movies cause like venom to marvel it's one of there gold diggers theres to much you can do with it.If fox was going to do something else predator related the smart move in my oppinion is just do mabye a videogame or something for a while.Give the film guys enough time to get ideas together and an appropriate cast.However also leave enough time between the movies that fans can take account for the movie watch it a bit and get to know it.Though as much as fox would love to dish out these movies and pull a guitar hero on us it wont nearly make as much money as a well thought out movie would.

On that comment of Rob doing the AVP's.I think andersons phail movie idea should get dropped from the so called story.And start feash so as much as I hate the word re-boot it fits AVP in this case.

I hope they make sequel so we can keep seeing predators on the big screen. But no ***** actors. I think RR's script from the 90's is pretty good, if you take out the pred-bikes.

Rob doing the AVP's.I think andersons phail movie idea should get dropped from the so called story.And start feash so as much as I hate the word re-boot it fits AVP in this case.
I don't think a Re-boot is needed I just think they need to spand more now on the fact that Alex has the clan symbol which by the way will be with her for the rest of her life. They need to now focus more how the comics portrayed her character and yes I know that she is no Machiko, but that is close to AVP as we got from Paul Anderson. This is what Shocktillyoudrop.com had to say about another AVP movie coming so far

"An anonymous source over at 20th Century Fox got in touch with us over the weekend to relay the news another Aliens vs. Predator sequel is a "certainty" at this point. If you recall, the brothers Strause - who helmed the Christmas release Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - stated Fox was going to take a "wait-and-see" approach to a third chapter, furthermore, that the story would have to continue in space (details). "AVP-R" grossed a worldwide total of $128.8 million; $41 million domestically. No word yet if the Strause brothers will return to the franchise." March 10, 2008

Just continue the story from where Alex left off and we're good (I hope )
ClanSymbol.jpg

I just think it's funny that people can be so divided over this. Some want no sequels, some want as many movies as possible. Some want Predators sequels, some AVP sequels. All this proves? Fox will follow the money and do exactly as they please. There's no point listening to fanboys, because you will get almost as many opinions as there are people you ask.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back