SENTRY ROBOT costume

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Guys,

A little while ago I started an interest thread was very keen on moving on the creation of a full SENTRY ROBOT cotume as seen in The Black Hole. A few members where also on board with the project and I can't remember exactly who but 2 chaps owned real plugs for the original costumes and where in the process or restoring and molding the plugs. I was wondering if anyone has started on this or got any further on with its creation?

Cheers

Cyb.

I was party to this project.

I had (for a while) the torso and head. It went back to the owner and then off to someone else.

So it's out there.

I would love to see a Sentry robot come to fruition and obviously VINCENT.

Wasn't a (stunt?) STAR helmet and a SENTRY head and torso out there somewhere?

I think Black Hole props are great and so underated.

Cheers,

Andy.

I was in posession of this for a while but eventually sent it back to the owner.

bh1.jpg

bh2.jpg

bh3.jpg

bh4.jpg

bh5.jpg

bh6.jpg

bh7.jpg

bh8.jpg

bh9.jpg

Argh, getting the dreaded red crosses at the moment. :(

edit............oops, scrub that they're coming through now. :)

Originally posted by micdavis@Feb 9 2006, 04:18 PM
I was in posession of this for a while but eventually sent it back to the owner.

bh1.jpg

bh2.jpg

bh3.jpg

bh4.jpg

bh5.jpg

bh6.jpg

bh7.jpg

bh8.jpg

bh9.jpg

[snapback]1179856[/snapback]​

Wow. :eek

Amazing stuff, thank you for posting those.

Apologies for my ignorance but what is the history behind the above?

.........and what happened to the project?

Cheers,

Andy.

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Feb 9 2006, 02:28 PM
They have a 1:1 scale Cygnus in Paris....

... no, wait that's the Eifel tower isnt't it. :lol

SAS
[snapback]1179957[/snapback]​
:lol
Jim

If memory serves me those pics are of the ORIGINAL solid plaster PLUG as used for to make the mold for the Sentry Robot costumes used in the film. But it needed a lot of work doing to this plug (as it became damaged and chipped) to get it cleaned up and to the standard required to remold it. It seemed to me like no one was in the mood to take this project on as it was constantly being shelved... which is a great shame as the Sentry Robot costume is a work of art.

Cyb.

Cheers Cyb.

The Sentry Robot certainly is a piece of art.

Slightly influenced in design by a certain Sith Lord methinks, but definitely a work of art nonetheless.

Is that pic above of the plug before clean up commenced, or is it something different?

As Maximillian is at the French Disney Planet Hollywood you actually got me going for a second, it's late and the 1:1 bit didn't register straight away. :lol

Andy.

The pic above is of an actual screen used Head and torso as used in the film, not a plug :)

Originally posted by clanger68@Feb 10 2006, 01:27 AM
Cheers Cyb.

The Sentry Robot certainly is a piece of art.

Slightly influenced in design by a certain Sith Lord methinks, but definitely a work of art nonetheless.

Is that pic above of the plug before clean up commenced, or is it something different?

As Maximillian is at the French Disney Planet Hollywood you actually got me going for a second, it's late and the 1:1 bit didn't register straight away. :lol

Andy.
[snapback]1180346[/snapback]​

Wow. Great pics. I too love The Black Hole and always enjoyed the props. I once had a really good Cyngus over/under laser pistol, which to me is still one of the most unique designs. The Sentry Robots are right up there near the Cylons for my all time favorite robots (especially STAR. :D).

Thanks for posting those pics.

Are there any sculptors craftmen or designers wanting to come onboard to help to re-create a full body suit of the Black Hole Sentry... Its about time we resurrect this unrated Robot.

Cyb.

I own STAR's stunt head. it actually gets as much screen time as the fiberglass one. Watch for the neck bending...thats mine.

STARfront.jpg

STARback.jpg

STARside.jpg

Originally posted by DarkLordSalvo@Feb 14 2006, 12:03 AM
Hmm, I'm planning to start tackling this.  Go to order some sculpture foam this week.

Hey Rocketbobs.  ;)
[snapback]1183628[/snapback]​

Hey... Don't let me thinking about making a costume put you off... go ahead.:p

So when you think of starting? Rocketbob kindly sent me some measurements of his Star Mask...

Cyb.

I didn't intend for it to sound like I was discouraged, Cy.
Got my measurements from Rocketbobs also.

As for when I thought about trying it, it's been in the back of my head and I've never seen anyone do it. Apart from all the geometry that goes into the face, the rest of the suit doesn't look too difficult.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back