SENTRY ROBOT costume

Watched the robot scenes on DVD and studied them a bit. (S.T.A.R. is definately the "Boba Fett" of that movie.)

It looks like the upper arms are made of vinyl or leather because the buckle and fold a little bit. Not all the time, but just for certain scenes. The "diaper" also looks like it's pliable to some extent and seems held together at the sides by the discs on the hip.

The gloves seem like they are cut-down '60's PLANET OF THE APES gorilla soldier gloves. They have the same ribbed detailing just a shorter length going up the arm.

I could be wrong on all counts though...

IF theres enough people interested in the project I'll go ahead and at least sculpt a head...

So PM me if you're interested and I'll go ahead ... Excuse the pun LOL

Cyb.

I started collecting measurements, pictures, got some sculpture foam and even did a few enlargement drawings from photos but had to put it all on the back burner. I hope I can start again soon. I thought about doing some modifications and customizing my old FX Trooper for the thighs but wasn't sure if this fell into the recasting issue so I didn't pursue it. Would it have since it would be changing the whole appearance?

I don't want it to be an issue. :unsure

Some of the shots of STAR are done with the stunt suit. it is made from a thick rubber material. It is built up in layers like fiberglass. I own the STAR stunt helmet. The helmet is used as much if not more than the actual hero helmet. His big melt down scene is mostly my helmet. You can tell cause the neck flexes as he has his fit.

STARfront.jpg

STARside.jpg

Was asked to repost these. Replica Sentry...figured I,d park them in this thread.

Cast from original plaster buck from the film. The eyes are chrome sink drain pipe instead of mylar. Window screen mesh...like the original.

The casting was one piece when I got it. I made the helmet a seperate section and added in all the part lines that the actual suits in the film had. Enjoy.

Thanks for posting the photos again, Rocketbobs!

I wonder if you have more reference photos of the Sentry to share...

Please PM me if you like.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back