SENNA....1988

Mr Webber

Master Member
After i saw the cinema release doco recently was inspired to add a few things to the replica 1988 helmet i have.

The whole thing is based around the 1988 Championship season and consists of the MP4/4 car used in that season in 1:18 scale with correct livery, a pit board in the same scale, a reproduction of his official accreditation from 1988 taken from a scan of the original and a replica of his personal sponsors cap sitting on a foam bust i painted up with kiddy paint to protect the foam and printed out some logos to trim off in 1988 format.

Was lucky enough to see him race three times in person.

View attachment 64251View attachment 64252View attachment 64253View attachment 64254View attachment 64255

View attachment 64256View attachment 64257View attachment 64258View attachment 64259View attachment 64260

View attachment 64261]View attachment 64262View attachment 64263View attachment 64264View attachment 64265

very cool!, I have been going to the F1 since I was a kid, so yeah I saw him race many times, even stopped right out in front of where i was sitting in his car, and a guy with a brazilian flag ran down an gave it to him a memory I have never forgotten...

was here at this race as well..

Senna´s qualifying lap at Adelaide - YouTube

Wow, mate , did not know there was another senna fan!!!!
Best driver F1 will ever see in its history, this being said from a Fangio fan also!!!
lol I went to adelaide too , for the race, it poured in rain and Senna was the only one that wanted to race!
Prost did not ....

Here is my helmet 1991
I have a double S file that i cut and put on all my cars!!
i will see if I can find it !

DSC_0752-1.jpg

Nice.
Adelaide was the best. A group of us would pack into two cars on the Friday after work and do the eight / nine hour drive from Melbourne and head back after the race on Sunday night for work on Monday.Gold.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back