Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Thanks guys.

Here's something else I did recently. Vader was a little skinny so I bulked the mannequin up to the Prowse measurements I had found (on this forum I think). Chest, waist, shoulders, biceps and forearms got some extra padding. I also finally added an extra 2" to the height which is something I've been meaning to do since 2003.

And I also strengthened the joints in the shoulders and elbows so the arms can support their own weight and more.

1" blocks of wood aded to the waist to make him taller:
vadmanni1.jpg

vadmanni5.jpg

vadmanni4.jpg

vadmanni2.jpg

vadermanni8.jpg

vdermanni9.jpg

Bootyfull!! Love your life-size action figures!!!

Man, what's up with the rear sight on the C96?

Cool, just curious. The way the ranges are stamped is different than what I'm used to.

Sure is a purty space gun, gotta say!

beautiful pieces - that gun in spectacular. I almost can't believe how clean that scope is!

I have a graflex clamp that has peeling plating. It looks EXACTLY like the chronicles photos, so I'm starting to wonder if its damage. Much like the dented looking emitter thats really glue or weld

Duuuuude...I knew your MG81 fh was in decent condition, but this is definitely the best out of the ones in SW collector hands.

Blaster and saber are looking awesome :)

I was thinking the same things, the scope and the FH are in SUCH good shape, it makes you do a double-take, because you almost think you're looking at really well done replica parts, but then it hits you that they're the real deal, and your head explodes!

I like how the scallops at the rear end of the MG81 flash hider are a little more rounded than most replicas, almost more "organic"-looking, certainly more manual-machined than all the CNC stuff, nowadays. Some things a computer just won't replicate! (Well,I suppose there could be a way to FORCE the computer to replicate stuff like that, but it wouldn't be simple!)

Thanks, for £200 I can't complain.

I tried taking lots of photos of my five Vader stunt sabers for Tom especially, but every photo is out of focus for some reason so it'll have to wait. I have another two Vader stunt sabers in the works as well, both rare, one of them very special!

Duuuuude...I knew your MG81 fh was in decent condition, but this is definitely the best out of the ones in SW collector hands.

Blaster and saber are looking awesome :)

Thanks, for £200 I can't complain.

I tried taking lots of photos of my five Vader stunt sabers for Tom especially, but every photo is out of focus for some reason so it'll have to wait. I have another two Vader stunt sabers in the works as well, both rare, one of them very special!

Do you take commissions? ;)

Buddy, I love these vintage part builds I am so jealous we cant have firearms without a visit to the BIG house

Kurtyboy may be the only other person here (aside from Tom) who shares a deep love for the Vader Stunt sabers!

Can't wait to see what you've come up with this time, buddy!

I think the worse photos than usual are due to me replacing the white light fluorescent tube in my kitchen with a warm white, that and my eyesight getting worse.

Why did they get rid of that "Damn kids!" emoji?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back