Seeking opinions: Most reputable maker(s) of Star Trek: TNG Uniforms...

Commander Dan

So, I have stumbled onto threads with folks discussing serious issues with both Shadow Dale Creations and costumecostumecostume.com.*

With that in mind, can anyone recommend someone talented and reliable to create a Next Generation Dress uniform?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Looking for someone to make me a Star Trek: TNG Uniform...

If you can wait a bit, ANOVOS is going to do both TNG (Later seasons) duty uniforms (the prototype of which looks dead right!!!), and TNG movie uniforms. I don't kmow what their plans are for a TNG dress uniform, but I would imagine that they'll eventually do a TNG movie era mess dress uniform as that's a very popular uniform.

Oh, and as for the claim that the TNG duty uniform prototype was dead on...one of these is their prototype, one is a screen used hero "Riker".

296502_10150357653289214_109162604213_7930926_1722278935_n.jpg

Which is which? Oh, and everybody who actually knows...you know who you are...shut up.

Last edited:

Those do look awesome! Any word on just when ANOVOS will open the window for ordering these? Specifically, I'm wondering if I can obtain one of these before Dragon*Con later this year...

I'm waiting to hear on these too... but I wouldn't hold my breath. The quality and research that goes into Anovos' costumes is unsurpassed... but as such, takes a while to get to the market.

The TOS line was announced the year before the order window opened and then it took 7 or 8 months for people to receive them.

The good news about that is that you have time to save up for one... because they'll probably run more expensive than the TOS tunics (that's just my guess based on the materials of construction and possibility of included pants).

But basically, I wouldn't bank on getting them by August.

So good news!

From Anovos' latest newsletter:

Oh, and for those of you asking... we will be coming out with The Next Generation uniforms beginning in March, and we'll have a more detailed announcement on that in the coming weeks!

I hope they sell the pants! Otherwise, it might be problematic to find pants that perfectly match the uniform top in color and/or texture.

According to the email they sent me a couple of weeks ago, they plan to start taking orders sometime this month!

The original pants didn't match the tops, so that's not so much a problem, but there are a lot of details they'll be matching. Personally, I just want a mustard uniform top, and I hope the ordering window lines up with me not being broke.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back