securing armour peices... advice please?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DJHicks

as the title really, ive been away for a long time due to personal/family reasons/duties and last night started on my pred again... ive started to paint my neck peice, sholder armour and chest peice...

just wondering how best to secure them especially the sholder armour... i have a latex torso and the sholder peice is latex too..

thanks in advance!!!!

:D

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

cayman shen

Master Member
It seems like a few of the lost hunters have shoulder armor with no actual straps attached. Man these guys are bad ass--they just nail their armor on!

Oh, I've also heard magnets work too! :D

FirstHuntress

It depends on how your armor is constructed, but as the other poster said - velcro is definetly your friend. Another thing that works, depending on your needs, is to use those little black snap buckles and nylon webbing. Any hobby or craft area has them, even Wal Mart. They are about $2 each, and they snap together and you can adjust them to whatever length you need before you glue the down with epoxy.

DJHicks

yea i have some velcro but its not the sticky backed kind? can i use superglue with latex? if not what adhisive is ok?

esdain

those little clips rock, but not at everything, i have used them for the armour on my belt system and for securing my chest/ back armour. i have used many sorts of buckles and elastic with varying effects, even a leather string thingy. trial and error really