Secret Santa Biker Scout Pistol build

Nick K

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there. I thought I would start posting some pics of the Biker Scout pistol I made for last years Secret Santa Gift. I was talking to another Forum Member and he said he had a template for the shape of the main body that was from a rubber Stunt Pistol. This was altered in the grip length to make it feel more comfortable in the hand and not like the Stunt Pistol used in the movie where you could only get two fingers through the trigger guard area.
So, it was decided to make it from my favorite medium, MDF and plastic. Starting with some 25mm thick MDF, I traced the template out and did some tidying up on areas , then cut it out on my bandsaw. Using photos from a variety of sources as a guide, I went about sanding the grip to a nice rounded shape that felt comfortable in the hand and then sealed the whole thing in Superglue. Once that was dry, I sanded again with wet 'n' dry sandpaper to get a smooth finish. I also used a round wood rasp and filed the thumb and finger grooves on the grip and that made it feel really comfortable in the hand.

IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't resist putting up some more pics. Here they are. I started laying on some styrene details to both sides and as I couldn't find a resister the correct size to fit on the grip, I decided to make one out of sheet, which turned out really well. The other wooden details were turned up on a lathe and cut down the middle. The blast nozzle was made from a glue nozzle and a plumbing fitting.

IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0271.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0276.JPG

Thanks guys. The next step was to add thin card relief detail to the gun. Using superglue I stuck the card in the appropriate position on the scope and gun.

IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0294.JPG

This is so awsome.
I too I'm a huge fan of MDF.
Scratch-building at its best.

Any chance that template could be shared?

Next step was the trigger guard which was made from a strip of 3mm (1/8th) plastic. This was cut to the right width, marked accordingly with a pencil where the curves were to be and then using a match, I bent it to shape. You will notice in some of these pics, there is a trigger, but I have it on good authority that the Stunt Version did not have one, so off it came. I mean, who is going to see it when held in a gloved hand! I then put some screws in and then primed the whole thing and put another piece of plastic on the bottom of the guard. Then finally, I painted the whole thing in Carbon Metallic Spraying Enamel and placed it in a box with Memory Foam cut to shape and lined with blue satin material.

IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0304.JPG IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0322.JPG IMG_0325.JPG IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

Here is the blaster in its new home. I got the stand in the Pay-It-Foward thread in the premium section (a great place to get some free props!)... but Nick had to make me a couple more stand pieces as the ones included were too short for the handle on this blaster. Thanks again, Nick!

Kind regards,
Magnoli

This turned out so great.
Im so inspired to build my own.
Gotta love "scratch built".

BTW, thanks for puttin up the templates.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back