Second Opinion - is this the Sideshow 1:4 scale Ark of the Covenant replica

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Obi Sean Kenobi, May 16, 2012.

1. Obi Sean Kenobi

Obi Sean Kenobi Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am in the market for the Sideshow 1:4 scale Ark of the Covenant prop replica.

It gets confusing with all the different versions out there: the Hasbro version, the Sideshow 1:6 scale replica, and the Sideshow 1:4 scale replica.

Given the confusing nature of this item, I want to double check on whether an item that I am in the process of negotiating to purchase is, in fact, the Sideshow 1:4 scale replica, and not the 1:6 scale replica.

I dont think the seller is trying to pull a fast one, I just think that Sideshow has released so many of these that everyone is probably confused.

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I believe this is the 1:6 scale version, and NOT the 1:4 scale version, as the inside of the 1:4 scale version was lined with felt (as well as the inside of the lid). Plus, the scale next to the DVDs pictured looks 'off' for the 1:4 scale.

Thoughts?

Regards,
    Sean

2. Obi Sean Kenobi

Obi Sean Kenobi Well-Known Member

3. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I didn't know Sideshow did a 1:4 scale Ark. In my opinion, this is the best scale for this replica. The above does look more like a 1:6 scale... unless that guy has a big hand. The real question is... why, oh why, didn't they metalize it instead of the dull gold spray paint?!

4. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That is the Sideshow 1:6 scale ark.
    The 1:4 scale had better cloth wraps and the rails were darker and a slightly different shape on the 1:4 scale. As noted also, the inside of the 1:4th was felt covered and have a better metallic shine to the paint. The 1:4th scale was better proportioned and also larger allowing you to fit several DVD's inside.

The 1:4 scale has generally been selling around $ 625 to $ 750 on eBay. The 1:6 scale has been selling at $ 125 and up.

5. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep that is the 1:6 scale.

I did not know they did a 1:4 scale