Seburo GONG (Appleseed)

Sandman0077

Sr Member
Hey, everyone. I've recently taken up 3D Modeling as a serious hobby, and I've been able to revisit this old project. Originally I was going to do an airsoft version out of metal and wood, but I was way to ambitious at the time (7+ years ago). Now, I just want a static prop that I can 3D print when I get my Ender 3 next month. I just finished modeling it solid (almost half of the parts were modeled seperately in order to make a version that would cycle, magazine would come out, etc, but that's kinda difficult unless you can print and troubleshoot issues.

Here it is in it's current state. I blended as many details as I could from various sources found over the years online and in media. This is *MY* perfect version, aesthetically speaking. The hand grips were giving me a really hard time, so I modeled them as closely as I could, and will be finishing the scales via sanding to proper shape when it's finally printed.

Gong 1.png
Gong 2.png
Gong 3.png
Gong 4.png
Gong 5.png

Not sure if I will offer these static kits in the Junkyard, but it's possible (in the future).

Any thoughts/questions about this project? I can provide additional screenshots if anyone wants to see different views.

Looks really cool (never got into Appleseed, though I am aware of it).
The grip looks dead on like a Nerf gun, don't know if that was intentional, since you said you had a hard time with them. Might be an aesthetic turn off for some.

For me, I'd love a copy for a Star Wars blaster, but the grip kills it for me.

But that's my own aesthetics, so aside from that, I love it.

Yeah, I couldn't model the scales properly. I just made general cutouts in the scales where the angles will be, based on concept art, screenshots, and the recast I have. That will be an easy fix done by hand once it's printed.

Thanks for the feedback!
Looks really cool (never got into Appleseed, though I am aware of it).
The grip looks dead on like a Nerf gun, don't know if that was intentional, since you said you had a hard time with them. Might be an aesthetic turn off for some.

For me, I'd love a copy for a Star Wars blaster, but the grip kills it for me.

But that's my own aesthetics, so aside from that, I love it.

Bravo! If it works out and you would like to offer a kit I'd love to hear about it. I finally found one of my white whales in a Bajoran Phaser rifle and a Gong is one of the few pieces I'm still looking for.

Would like to know as well if kits become available. :)
Barring that, do you have some simple dimensions for your model? Even just a simple length? A friend of mine found these plans but it looks like it might be a scaled down version.

Thanks in advance!

C

Barring that, do you have some simple dimensions for your model? Even just a simple length? A friend of mine found these plans but it looks like it might be a scaled down version.

Thanks in advance!

C
I'll have to double check when I get home.

Thanks in advance!

C
412.50mm long, from tip of barrel to back on the grip.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back