Searching for a muscle suit

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Lord Zedd, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd New Member

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forums. I like it here so far. I'm in need of your assitance and hope you can help me out. I am trying to replicate something from TV. So I have been looking all over the forums and on the internet to find myself a decent good latex full muscle suit but without much luck. A flesh muscle suit that kinda looks like from the videoclip of Robby Williams's Rock DJ.

The only website I found was : page3 but the prices are quitte high! 3500 $ and more.

Also I am looking for a good latex brain. Is there anybody that perhaps have a few ideas?

Thank you for your time!

2. BirdDog

BirdDog Active Member

i can not offer any assitance.. when i looked they are hard to fnd and expensive.
    good luck

3. Eaglewood

Eaglewood Sr Member

4. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd New Member

Thank you for the link. I looked at the prices but they are still very expensive.
    Do you also happen to know where to get a latex brain? :)

5. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

you could allways build a muscle suit :D
    backyard fx did a tutorial on yt. they didnt do a very good job anatomy wise, but if you invest a little time, it should do.
    i think youre trying to build a lord zedd costume, looking at your name and your questions

you could also do the version with the incredibles costume covered with latex, like people do for predator costumes. you can look it up :)

6. Shades

Shades Well-Known Member

is there any other good tutorials besides the mr incredible and backyard fx? I am not very impressed with the way either of these turned out. : /

It seems flex designs nailed this, but I would like a 200-300 solution instead of 2,500.

7. pandamajik

pandamajik Member

The way I did the muscle areas for my Gray Fox one was to sandwich upholstery foam in between a bodysuit and a layer of stretch fabric. Basically imagine the upholstery foam as sitting inside a pocket. I think this way as it stretches and moves with the body it looks more natural than muscle suits where the foam is glued. The only downside with the sewing method is that it's very time consuming and stretch fabrics are a pain to work with.

8. EyeofSauron

i still think the version of backyard fx is good in theory, they just sucked at making it. if you make the muscles more accurate, i think it would look good

9. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd New Member

Thank you for your help! Yes, you guessed right! That is indeed my goal. I want to make it screen accurate but got to way the pro's and con's. Money is an issue of course. :rolleyes

Can you explain to me the Incredibles part a bit more? Got no idea honestly what you mean.

10. benboy23

benboy23 Member

11. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd New Member

Thanks man. That helps a lot. Yes you are not the only one that is new to this all!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  12. EyeofSauron

what would your budget be anyways? that may will help to help some more :)

13. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd New Member

I am not sure what my budget will be or can be. Why?

14. NexusFX

NexusFX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

so people can either send you to the right place or suggest things inside your price range.

15. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd New Member

Well all suggestions are welcome for me. Than I can see later on what works best for me.

16. ben reilly

ben reilly Member

a lord zedd costume sounds great, i was considering it for awhile but the idea sounded too complex. good luck! post some pics when you start working on it

17. widescreen

widescreen Well-Known Member

How muscular do you need it?
    This is a suit brought from "a famous auction site".

[​IMG]

Very cheap & could be a good place to start from or adapt.

18. Werstrooper

Werstrooper Well-Known Member

19. Grave

Grave Well-Known Member

make one using the foam from couch cusions. you can buy it from 1/" up to 6" thick. just shave it with a electric carving knife who you want it and then glue stretchable fabric over it. i think you can find a tutorial on the hunters lair.

20. calibr1735

calibr1735 Member

I do not know if this will help you or not but there is a TICK upper muscle suit on eBay. You would have to search for it, but it might be your cup of tea. Good luck.

21. sauer33

sauer33 Active Member

Instead of buying thousands of dollars of muscle kits you can do as i do, invest 500$/year for a gym membership and a personal trainer, you'll have good results in a few months ;)

22. Vrogy

Vrogy Well-Known Member

Subject to genetics, plus, it's hard. :D

23. made007

made007 Sr Member

You can buy a zentai put it in a duct tape dummy and do your own muscle tissue with upholstery foam

24. sauer33

sauer33 Active Member

Have you ever watched face off? you could build a muscle suit like they do. You need platsil gel-10 which is a skin like silicone, modroc plasters, a lot of plastiline ( oil based clay), sculpting tools and a lot of patience.
    -First thing first, make a mold of the body part you want ( like chest ) using modroc plasters
    -Make a copy of your body part by pressing the clay in the mold
    -Sculpt the clay as you like
    -Make another mold with plaster
    -Pour in silicone ( gel10) and wait for it to cure
    -Enjoy your custom muscle

there's a video that explains all these steps Make Your Own Batman Mask! - YouTube

Or you can check out my thread where i'm using this process to make a deadpool mask and a deadpool acid burned like silicone mask.

Hope it helps ;)