Seaquest DSV

dan1

Is anyone on here into Seaquest or have done a Seaquest uniform before? image.jpg

I recently have done the long and short sleeved Version of the Kahki Seaquest Uniform. It was one of the easier Things since you just had to modify some already exiting clothings slightly.

I wait on a US Air Force Pilot Overall also to do the Black and Blue Season I Overalls for Military and Research.

I miss this show. Season 1 was very good, the rest not so much. Similarly I liked the Season 1 jumpsuits better than the later ones, which seemed to have useless buckles.

In any case, I'm interested to see where this project goes!

-Max

I loved the entire Seaquest series, although my favorite was with Bridger as the captain. I made numerous models of the submarine none of which survived, and also some attempts at the logo. No costumes.

I always loved Seaquest. Did all the model kits when they first came out. Costume wise, Ive done: Season 1 jumpsuit, long-sleeve and short sleeve khakis, Season 1 black dress uniform, Season 1 Khaki dress uniform, Season 2/3 blue jumpsuit, Season 3 Khaki dress uniform, Season 3 Dress White uniform, Season 3 Summer White uniform.

Oh? You ve done the S2/3 Jumpsuits?
What basic Suit did you use fot them or did you scratchbuild them?
Do you have any pictures avaliable?

Last edited:
I own a first season blue shirt, Marco Sanchez wetsuit from the Season 2 promo shots and a blue Season 2 Seasuit. Prop-wise I have collar patches, a Stunt Season 2 Pulse Gun and Jonathan Brandis Season 2/3 wristwatch. I have sets of continuity polaroids and a binder of artwork. Needless to say I loved this show.
Riker 12 I would also like to see your Season 2 suit...

Sorry guys for missing this thread. Let me throw it on the mannequin and post a pic or two. As for the pattern, I just made alterations to the Star Trek Voyager jumpsuit pattern since it its just a basic jumpsuit pattern in the first place,and I already had it in the pattern collection.

Here's 2 quick shots. Sorry about the quality, but all Ive got right now is just the camera on the phone. This was done 20 years ago just after the second season started. The fabric is a lighter weight than what was used, but I liked the colour. And yes I know the ship patch is the wrong one, but thats all that was available back then. The shoulders are quilted, although the pics dont really show it. And since this one in no way fits anymore, its time to make a new one with heavier fabric. Any questions or comments, just let me know.

23k9sp4.jpg
rlgrqa.jpg

As an owner of a screenused Seasuit I have to hand it to you Riker12 - that's one helluva convincing replica!!
Do you have an improved fabric in mind and could/would you build one to size I wonder?

Anyone have a source for the name tags for the jump suits? I would love to simply order it custom made, but having a problem finding a vendor.
Thanks!

I have one made in the first season style. Mainly as it was simple.

Black military jumpsuit, patches off of ebay or other sites, all velcro adhered so I can change my rank, and a white and red turtleneck. Also had a cap made, which it wasn't until afterwards I realized they used baseball caps on the show whereas I have a military cap. Think mine looks better, to be honest. No name tag, though. Hard to find good collar patches - they keep putting the UEO insignia on the patches and it makes the rank virtually unreadable.

Love to get some props for it. Frankly I thought the first season outfit looked better than the second season, but what can you do? Though I do wish they'd had a little more distinction between commissioned and enlisted officers - as far as I can tell, the commissioned officers had collar patches and the enlisted wore their collar down. Makes it easy for me, though, if I ever wanted to do enlisted, change the shoulder patch and flip down the collar - done.

What I really love about the outfit, though, is that it's warm, so I can wear it out on Halloween and not have to worry about a jacket.

I did like the later dress uniforms, though. Particularly the detail of how they incorporated the rank stars and stripes on the collar.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back