Seamstresses pattern for Captain Mal's Browncoat

Dalhara

Afternoon all,
I was wondering if anyone can advise me, and therefore my seamstress, where I could get a pattern for Mal's Browncoat. I am looking to have one made for the London film and comicon in July. We have looked everywhere and the closest that we can find is the Simplicity 2581 or 4916 patterns but getting them is another matter lol. Any ideas?
Also, looking for an approximate clasp for the jacket.
As I am Scottish I will be looking into an independence unit from the outer planet of Aberdeen and will wear a brown utility kilt with it,boots and high piper socks. Thoughts?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Graeme

OK, got a little worried when I couldn't find it. Fortunately, my tendency to have redundant backups saved my bacon. It's basically a line drawing of the picture in the visual companion, but a competent seamstress should be able to draft a pattern from it fairly easily. Then again, I'm a zookeeper, not a sewing expert, so there's that. My plan is to put it in something like illustrator and edit it to my measurements and base my pattern on that. Keep in mind that few plans rarely survive initial contact with the enemy. ;)

Anyway, here's a link to the pic and you can see what I'm on about.
cS1Ob18.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back