sealing a newly airbrushed skin....help please

TweiKarikna

and it covered the imperfections great. If i dont want to use permawet to seal it is there anything else i can use? such as a spray paint clear coat? if anyone knows please let me know asap. and where i can get it.

if you find a clear coat acrylic you will still need to mix it with something so it doesn't crack. why don't you want to use permawet?

i dont have an airbrush and the guy who painted it is just a store front guy. doesnt really get into the after work thats needed.
is perma wet available in spray paint cans?

if you find a clear coat acrylic you will still need to mix it with something so it doesn't crack. why don't you want to use permawet?

Perma Wet can be brushed on. You just need to do it very thin and not let it puddle. The puddled areas have a tendency to cloud a bit. I have also cut the Perma Wet with 20% water to reduce that a little.

Good Luck
Elder-One

ya i have always heard to use permawet i havent painted any of my skin parts yet so take my advice as advice i heard through the grapevine

a base of pax is what i use to seal my foam pieces but agreed that thinned down permawet would be best and you dont wana pax over a already painted suit anyways...

im having the same issue. i cant find perma-wet wany where up here in jersey.....i found plenty of spray on acrylic tho....what you got to mix it with to not crack? water?

Createx Gloss Clear...mix it 3:1 with water. Thats what I do and it works pretty ell. Gives it a semi-glossy finish but not too shiny. Its available at most hobby shops and Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

Here's what I've been using, It comes in gloss and matte. It's a flexible sealer in spray can form. Joe (Ta2pro) told me about it and uses it on his paint jobs. You can get it at Michaels, Walmart use to carry a small can of it in Hi-shine gloss but I haven't been able to find it there in awhile.

Folkart clearcote

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back