Seagull camera - Luke Macrobinocular

jkno

Legendary Member
Please does anyone know if this Seagull camera is accurate (I only have this photo, sorry):

ddf0q8.jpg

Seems to be the correct one, judging by the silver/ black large knob with straight knurling :thumbsup

Markus

I'm completely out of knowledge about this so please a couple more questions: does it need many modifications and parts to make it into a macrobinocular? What would it be worth just like it looks in the photo? Thanks

I'm completely out of knowledge about this so please a couple more questions: does it need many modifications and parts to make it into a macrobinocular? What would it be worth just like it looks in the photo? Thanks

Not sure what you mean by "make it into a macrobinocular" :unsure?!
The Seagull, along with the Bell&Howell and the Kalimar 6/60 is just a source for a few of the needed parts to convert an Eumig Servomativ into the actual prop!
In this case, you´ll have to cannibalize the Seagull for the large dial and the smaller knobs. (plus the 2nd large knob for a possible stunt macros build). The rest goes straight into the scrap-bin ;)

I´d say it´s "worth" between $40-100 as pictured

Do a search for Lukes Macros and you´ll find plenty of great threads and info :thumbsup

Markus

Not sure what you mean by "make it into a macrobinocular" :unsure?!
The Seagull, along with the Bell&Howell and the Kalimar 6/60 is just a source for a few of the needed parts to convert an Eumig Servomativ into the actual prop!
In this case, you´ll have to cannibalize the Seagull for the large dial and the smaller knobs. (plus the 2nd large knob for a possible stunt macros build). The rest goes straight into the scrap-bin ;)

I´d say it´s "worth" between $40-100 as pictured

Do a search for Lukes Macros and you´ll find plenty of great threads and info :thumbsup

Markus

Thanks for the info. As I said I don't know anything about this item (my focus are OT Imperials) and don't intend to make/convert it into anything myself. But I might try helping a friend, since this thing is for sale on a Romanian auction shop for a very low price.

very low price = good ;):thumbsup

Could somebody please double-check, if I was right on the dial?
I´m 99% sure on it but sometimes my eyes are playing tricks on might and I don´t want to confuse the correct silver dial with a black one, that´s just reflecting light as it´d be when silver :lol

Markus

That knob is correct for the Hero macros, but it does not include the second big knob for the stunt macros. This version has a crank instead.
So it's partly correct. If all you're making is the Hero prop it's fine.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back