SD Studios Lawgiver Instructions

hywel

Recently picked up an SD Studios Lawgiver, but it’s lacking instructions. I know it’s not rocket science to work the gun, but I’d like the instructions for completeness. Can anyone send me a pdf copy or similar please? Thank you.

Sorry. I completely spaced on this last night. So, what I have is an email from SD Studios from when the run was ongoing which had a link to the thread here on The RPF showing the development of the electronics by Plector Labs :

Then there is this video which shows the operation:

As far as I remember, there was never a pdf or document with instructions included with the Lawgiver.

I would love to see pics of your Lawgiver. I have had mine since the original run and while it is still a very nice piece, the rubber grips on mine have shrunk over time. Curious if others have had this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_7739.jpg
    IMG_7739.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 106
The grip has shrunk on mine too. I know someone who can cast the grips that would likely fit on this gun (need to test first to be sure), but what is tough is that with the hall effect sensor and mode switch glued into the grip (which is itself glued to the gun) it will be hard to replace without having to do a bunch of surgery. Not impossible, but probably not worth it yet.

My biggest question is around the airsoft functionality. I don't know a darned thing about airsoft so if I wanted to see the blowback stuff in action, what do I need?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpeg
    IMG_0956.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
The air soft operation is pretty straight forward. Just google “gas blow back airsoft” and you should find plenty of info.

I have a SD Lawgiver that I bought fully assembled. Recently the clip insertion doesn't reset the ammo, so while the other sound and lights work, I just get "lethal rounds exhausted" when pulling the trigger. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Perhaps a sensor on the clip?

I have a SD Lawgiver that I bought fully assembled. Recently the clip insertion doesn't reset the ammo, so while the other sound and lights work, I just get "lethal rounds exhausted" when pulling the trigger. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Perhaps a sensor on the clip?
The way that function works is with a hall sensor in the grip that senses the magnetic field from a small magnet in the side of the magazine. Check to make sure that magnet did not fall out. If it is still there, it could be that the hall sensor is bad, misaligned or a wire got pulled out. As for fixing it, unfortunately I can't offer any further advice because I do not know what specific components were used in the construction nor have I disassembled mine.

Also, I had difficulty getting the hall sensor to work on mine from day 1. I'm not sure if it was an alignment issue or if the sensor was too far away or if I just wasn't able to compress the grip enough for it to work.

GLw71Yi.jpg

xWmpRcj.jpg

Yes, you were right - the shrinkage of the grip had moved the sensor (which is glued into the grip) away so it wasn't making contact. I removed the grip and got it functioning again, but the wires were deeply glued into the rubber of the grip and they broke after a while. So now I'm looking at sculpting new grips and I have to resolder the sensor to the wires. However there isn't enough wire and I don't know when wire goes to which terminal (or does it matter?).

Unfortunately, I can’t really offer any info on how to repair as mine has never been disassembled. It does matter which wire is connected to which terminal, but I don’t know what is the proper sequence.

Yes, you were right - the shrinkage of the grip had moved the sensor (which is glued into the grip) away so it wasn't making contact. I removed the grip and got it functioning again, but the wires were deeply glued into the rubber of the grip and they broke after a while. So now I'm looking at sculpting new grips and I have to resolder the sensor to the wires. However there isn't enough wire and I don't know when wire goes to which terminal (or does it matter?).
don't see this ending well

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back