SD Studios Golden Gun

Since they're out of production Lewis, they are worth more today of course.

From their original $600 or so I believe, they were once going for as high as $3000-4000.

With the current economy, you won't sell one for over $2000 and it has to be mint and complete with all the paperwork etc. The last 2nd generation ones (more accurate) I was following on eBay some time ago did not go for more than $1500 IIRC.

But if this one really went for £9000, it is pure insanity taken to the extreme. And it's a first generation (less accurate) to top it all.

Heck, I think I'm going to take a flight to the UK, find Sir Christopher Lee and ask him to sign my GG.

It'll cost me under £100.

Madness.

... if you could find another lunatic who lives in total la-la-land willing to pay that much for it :lol

A dying species that is :lol

The guy could have bought 2 SD's for $5000 each, flown to england, payed Mr Lee $1000 per signature and he'd have 2 for around the same price. There really are some smart people out there.

The guy could have bought 2 SD's for $5000 each, flown to england, payed Mr Lee $1000 per signature and he'd have 2 for around the same price. There really are some smart people out there.

Your maths is off

£9000 = roughly $14,200

8 SD Studios guns @ current going rate = $13,000

8 Christopher Lee Sigs = $800

.... and you have $400 change :lol

Yes I was being VERY,VERY genrerous with my prices. Even at my idiotic numbers he would have been ahead. Not sure it would be that easy to find 8 people ready to sell theie SD's. I'm betting it was some guy who had no clue what he was bidding on and it was a spur of the moment thing. Then he got home , looked it up and threw up.

IMHO: If it's really used in a film, ok it's a prop or set piece memorabilia. BUT, it's a BIG jump for fan or manufactures of replicas/collectibles to be sold as anything more than that. To do that is unethical and dishonest. Prices of items should reflect that different discrepancy.
Replicas are not props and should clearly be sold as such. And not because of signatures added to them or who owned them.
Anything else is anarchy of the market place.
Just a thought, Were's the line then?
Buyer BEWARE but verify with trust! And that comes from someone who has been a buyer and seller of quality film & TV items.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back