Sculpture Completed!

MEANGENE83

Sr Member
I figured I should start a thread where I can post progress pictures.

Here is the first item I have started some serious work on.

I do not know jack squat about any of this electrical, I know enough to blow out a few LED's. Which I already did.

My question is this.

What is the proper battery pack to use, the AA x 4 on the left. (plugged in and used for picture)
OR the 9V battery pictured right?

Litte info on how I rigged this up... All LED's are wired with a home run to the battery. I have no clue what types of LEDs they are, just bought them at radioshack.

I will keep this updated with new developments of my suit. The goal is halloween!!!

230d9f69.jpg

0d25723c.jpg

So, 6v or 9v... What is the voltage you have supplying it now?

The wiki on LEDs is pretty good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_circuit

To keep is simple it might be best to think of the LEDs in terms of voltage drop. “They” say the typical voltage drop is said to be anywhere between 1.8-3.3volts, different colors need different amounts. so if you have them in series at full brightness then you’re looking at using at least 2 to 3 LED’s in series to avoid using a resistor with the AA battery pack. If you have more in series then you can get away with the 9V.

If you add the expected voltage drop up of each LED in series then you'll need to be more than the battery supply. If you add more then the brightness will go down.

So if you estimate a 3v drop then 2 LEDs will add up to 6v, if you add in another then you'll be supplying them 2v and the brightness will go down. If you overdrive the LEDs then you'll reduce the life span of them as you've found out.

If your using all the LEDs in the pic then it may be good to break them up into groups and use whichever battery pack will fit best.

BTW, is that a monsterroom gaunt?

I read the WIKI article. To be dead honest, I do not understand it. This stuff I just cannot process.

Your explanation in laymans terms is way more helpful.

As of right now I want to use all of those LEDs with possible 2-3 more.
The picture shows the LEDS running with the AA x 4 battery pack. They seemed to run fine for approx 2-3 minutes. Nothing burned out.
The lights will be interupted with a switch, the idea is to have the lights off 90% of the time. Only turning them on to "show off" a little.

gene is a beast in his working skills.
hes taken the reigns and is painting my skin and everything.
were going full out for the last couple weeks here.

Guess who is in town with time to kill?

Mr. Boar himself.

Probably about 50% of the way done with this guy.

89f5c372.jpg

2f8ef474.jpg

Oh yea, doin the bull-dance feelin the flow! Workin it!

Looking forward to this. Being a huge Lost Hunter fan and never seeing a true Boar costume made by one of us, this is thrilling to see for me.

Are you going to use bomb gauntlets for both the right and left arms, like the original costume?

You know the double Bomb gauntlet idea never crossed my mind.
I think for purposes of having some form of weapon on me I will use the blade gauntlets. I think it would be boring to be un-armed at the Con.

Long term I will do the thing right and as accurate to the movie as possible.

I am definitly a good Anxious, just wanna get there and get started already. I have been none stop working on this early morning and then after work late at night till midnight at least! Just ready for it to be over.

Thanks for all the

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back