Sculpting the Galaxy book price increase

Sounds like I'm in the same boat as most of you. This to me seems like someone taking advantage of die hard Star Wars fans.

So it's a book and a $300.00 crapy model kit.

What am I missing. If the DVDs are limited release, how good could they really be. Probably stuff we've seen over and over again.

I really thought the Dressing the Galaxy was a big rip off too. What could you really do with all the extras it came with.

If they wanted perhaps $100 to $150 for these books, that seems fair.

I'm sorry, but for $400, it better have a studio scale X-wing included.
hc_SAGmodel01.jpg

hc_SAGmodel02.jpg

:confused The models they include look like crap, and what's with the flat, two-dimensional "Aluminum Falcon"? Someone needs to get off the crack pipe. Oh and best of all?

"After market research, it was suggested that we raise the price to $450. But we felt strongly about keeping it under $400."

Well, isn't that sweet of them? In other words, the only reason they raised the price is because some @$$#0.e in marketing told them they could bleed that much out of die hard Star Wars fans. :angry NOT because of more added features, and NOT because the price of production went up. They did it simply because "market research" told them they could. Isn't George rich enough already? The $30 one on Amazon is starting to look mighty appealing.

Sorry for the rant. Now, where did I leave my Prozac...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back