The texture work is almost done now, then just the final smoothing left to do.
I've been looking into the moulding process, I'd like to run the steps and some questions by you to see if I've got it right.
1. Hammer metal shims into the sculpt 3/4 inch below the desired seam line.
2. Apply 3/4 inch slabs of WED clay onto the shims and flush with the sculpt.
3. Make locating keys on the clay
4. Apply a release agent.
I'm not sure which agent is best, any thoughts guys?
5. Apply baby powder lightly with a chip brush
I think this was Meangene's tip, the baby powder helps to stop the plaster sliding off so much.
6. Apply the plaster making sure to catch all the details.
I think I read somewhere on here that Basic Alpha plaster is the one to use, and if so, How much?
7. Apply a couple more layers of plaster, then start adding burlap for reinforcement. Allow to cure.
8. Remove clay, shims and repair damage.
9. Make pry points out of clay.
10. Apply vaseline to plaster, apply release agent and baby powder to sculpt.
11. Repeat process to apply plaster.
I realise this is a bit of a long winded post, but I'm a bit nervous about moulding this, I've only ever moulded with silicone before, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.