Sculpting Dread Rings

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Milk1

I was bored today so I started to sculpt a dread ring. I guess I will make a bunch of different ones and cast them in resin. I will post more pics as they come along.
dreadring001.jpg.gif

dreadring002.jpg.gif

dreadring001.jpg.gif

dreadring002.jpg.gif

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Usurper

interesting design.

the only thing i would say is do not make your dred rings too big , or they will not only pull the dreds out of shape , they will make the mask even heavier to wear.

Uratz

Good work! Just a Tip: Should Add some curve into the rod. Long dread beads should curve with the hanging dread.
If u have a way to cast it lighter and hollow in the solid parts it will be lighter. You can also try to cast it with expanding foam or cold foam then it will still be light.

I find casting in resin does make it heavy like usurper said

Milk1

Thanks guys! yeah I know this is the biggest ring I was going to make, the other ones will be smaller. This one should not be too heavy in resin.

Milk1

well I ended up doing three different rings. I made a mold of the three, so I have been working on casting them. The mold is still not 100% but the rings are coming out ok. I will post more pics after I get some smoothed out and painted.
preddread002.jpg.gif

preddread001.jpg.gif

preddread002.jpg.gif

preddread001.jpg.gif

Ice1

Wow!!! I really like the design, very diffrent. Wouldn't mind having a set of them for the collection....