Sculpted dread. Finishe pics on page2 added 03/08/10

AlphaTech686

Ok so I wanted to do something different. Here it is. This is a one inch thick dread I just finished.
I need to do a 3/4 and a 1/2 inch also. I wanted it to look like some sort of tentacle or reptilian gill
or something. Let me know what you think, good or bad. I'll be molding it in silicone and casting it in
BJB foam.
030.jpg

027-2.jpg

033-3.jpg

036-2.jpg

041-1.jpg

030.jpg

027-2.jpg

033-3.jpg

036-2.jpg

041-1.jpg

Actually I like it..very interesting idea. It's kind of hard to gauge only seeing one rather then a cluster. My only comment would be that the tip reminds me of a Na'avi tail from Avatar. that is the part that may seem strange when looking at 40 some odd dreads

I really dig the sculpt, the look and detail is awesome. But, just being honest here, it doesnt hit me as a Predator dread. Like Fett said, a Predalien or some other hybrid... for damn sure. It looks cool as hell.

Thanks for the comments. I decided to do this just so the "Topknot" would be unique.
I think once the dread rings are on things will come together. I really got the idea from a Narin
sculpt. I will be putting up some progress pics soon.

I like it. You got some sculpting skills there my friend!! great work!! :eek: i just want to know how that pred is hovering above your work table??? You should do a wolf whip.

This actually caught me off guard, what a great idea! I never thought about customizable dreads before. Dread rings sure but the whole dread? Great work =D i likes very muchly. Great sculpting skills also its looking very organic.

Awesome work! You skulpting talent is some of the best I have seen. When are you going to skulpt a Pred Head? I would love to see something crazy to go with the dreads.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back