Sculpt to Final Size difference?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

seviz

I am sculpting a half mask with wed clay. I am using an existing bio to get the proper size and contour on my sculpt. Am I screwing myself by sizing it to the bio in sculpt form? When I actually get the latex version out of the mold will be it smaller or bigger? If it does change size, how can I properly determine what size the sculpt should be vs the bio?

Thank you

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Usurper

A sculpt should be ROUGHLY 1inch bigger, Length/Width, than you wish it to be, latex will shrink a certain amount, and i think it varies alittle between different latex's.

seviz

A sculpt should be ROUGHLY 1inch bigger, Length/Width, than you wish it to be, latex will shrink a certain amount, and i think it varies alittle between different latex's.
Cool. Thanks for the info. It is exactly what I needed to know.

Usurper

Check around incase im wrong, but i vaguely remember that figure being mentioned before, and its what i roughly go by.

Tonkers D

Hey quick add on question if you foam the undermask while still in the mold wont that help prevent the mask from shrinking?

Thanks

xdmray

Hey quick add on question if you foam the undermask while still in the mold wont that help prevent the mask from shrinking?

Thanks
yes. that's what i did. i sculpted my mask exactly to fit the Bio i had. well the shrinkage makes it not fit. so now i soft foam the mask while it's still in the mold. no more shrinkage....