Sculpt Proporrtions for dummy jaws system

Caravaggio

Hi, I' m italian and I don't speak English language.
I want to make a pred mask and I finished the dummy with jaws system a few weeks ago.
Now I have to make the clay sculpt and then I can do mold for latex mask.
But how to make the sculpt with right proportions?
The dummy could not enter the latex mask if too small.
And a too big latex mask could be bad and create problems.
Do you know a method to overcome the problem?
Thanks a lot.
P.S. Sorry for the grammatical errors! :)

My dummy with jaws system

DSC00019.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Lair Your Jaw System Looks great Man!! :D Hm i think a cut in the Neck area would help you, to put the Mechanic inside your Mask !Very nice Work

i have a mechanical mask and it seems that there is a slit going from the neck all the way up to the back top of the crown. but once the dreads are on, you wont even see the slit, plus you can velcro it to stay together.

i read that latex shrinking is about an inch, so make sure that your sculpt is bigger that your mechanical head.
good luck :D

Cover it in saran wrap, mold it, and sculpt on the cast? I don't know. I've never done anything like this before.

Well, someone built upholstery foam right on it instead of sculpting clay-molding-casting...

I don't know if you want to do that though.

Well, you could make a seperate armerature using measurements of the mechanism and sculpt on that...

Even if it's a tad bit disproportionate...

....latex is stretchy...

Thanks Xalener, I will try to make a good work.....

But....Are there in the Lair a Step by step from a mechanical dummy to a final latex mask?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back