Screw You Neca!

Reg Pred

ok so i just spent the last 2 hours holding the arm on my NEW elder Neca pred bc as soon as i opened it, went to bend the arm it freakin snapped off!!! so i had to glue the damn thing. man...i love all the awesome figures neca puts out but i swear to you guys EVERY one i have gotten has some way, form or fasion broken somewhere....and almost all of my pred WONT bend in a certaint spot thus i have to keep them in one pose for an eternity...this blows....does anyone else on here have these problems? and its not like im man handleing these things ive been pretty delicate with them! i got one of the 18" preds from toys r us and low and behold the laser cannon wouldnt turn at all and as soon as i tried to it snapped off as well.....FML!!!!!!! WHY NECA WHY?!?!?!?!?!??!

My Elder and P1 snapped an arm with very little pressure on my part. I run them all under hot water now and no issues. Yeah, there was some serious weakness in the joints on series 3, but it is not the end of the world. Get some Gorilla Glue and put the joint in an aggressive pose, and you can still enjoy this bad boy to its fullest. :)

lol yeah thats exactly what i did...glad my dad had some Gorilla glue.....he is lookin badass now....so are u saying if i run my other preds under hot water it will loosen them so i can pose them? my series 1 falconer and my series 2 Berzerker have joins that wont even bend...

Ny smaller NECA predators all fell off the shelf cuz the summer heat and maybe the joints gave out. Nothing broken but yeah they do suck.

And Not to bash China and all its "manufacturing prowess," while I was in Hong Kong buying a 12 inch Ultraman Medicom RAH! figure, the HK shop keeper said "I'll let you open and inspect after you paid for it, but beware this brand has faulty joints that can break just from standing there even not touched or opened before."

He told me that these days the half assed QC and cost cutting of these toys made the quality much worse and its not just the factories fault, but mostly because of the company that hires them. Its their brand and they are less concern about their own products now.

As Consumers u have the right to send angry letters to the Toymakers and let them know. Otherwise they think there's no quality problems

@ Clan Elder- man ur a life saver bro! i used the hot water method on all of my pred and they are all now in working order! thanks a million man.

@Stranded Hunter- yeah id love to give them a peice of my mind! lol i payed for it so it should be great quality. but as P2 would say "sshhhiiitt hhaaapppeeennnzzz"

I haven't had all that many problems with neca. I've only had issues with maybe five figures out of a hundred or more I've bought from them. My Elder being one of them. If you do a little research you'll find neca has been replacing the broken Elder for people with one that has no issues. You're suppose to keep his accessories. You'll send them your address, a pic of the receipt, and a pic of the breakage. Though you've glued it now . . .

Anyway, it'll take time for you to get a poly bagged replacement because hundreds of others are doing the same. Good luck to ya.

Yeah I hear your pain - ultra accurate figures like these that are pretty articulated seem to be prone to breakage. My guess is the designers put form before function - sometimes a bit too much. A lotta figures from different companies lose hands and heads with pets or joints that are too weak. You'd think there would be more design standards abotu not making pegs or joints below a certain mm size least casting/assebly flaws ruin a great % of them.

Personally, my biggest gripe abpit NECA is they don't sculp the 8 inch preds with faces and then make the masks accessories. "Whut?!?! I want mask off I have to buy a nearly identical second figure?!?" My sympathy to them goes bye bye right there.

yeah i will keep the receipt just incase but it looks fine now and is in working order(other than bending his left arm at the elbow but its all good..he still looks badass! thanks for the info man

Unfortunately, the EXACT same thing happened to me with the Series 3 Elder Predator. The left elbow joint broke. What I did is drill the "bicep" area with a very small drill bit, then, get a tiny screw to snuggly fit the drilled hole. Screw it in the "forearm" piece and connect the two. This way, no lack of articulation is suffered. it acts and looks like new!

yeah i had thought of doing that but it was late and i dont have the tools for it so Gorilla Glur did the trick....it just sucks we have to deal with these things...but its the name of the game i guess. its all good..My Elder Pred still looks BA!

Personally, my biggest gripe abpit NECA is they don't sculp the 8 inch preds with faces and then make the masks accessories. "Whut?!?! I want mask off I have to buy a nearly identical second figure?!?" My sympathy to them goes bye bye right there.

NECA said early on that they wouldn't be doing removable bios because it would likely throw the head out of proportion with the body in most cases. This is true, because I've seen a similar issue with some of the hot toys predators. I'm not much of a completionist so I kinda of pick and choose what suits my collection.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back