Screen Worn Cylon

Here are some more pics of pieces of the Helmet, backpack and sword.

Cylon2.jpg

Cylon3.jpg

Cylon4.jpg

Cylon1.jpg

Cylon7.jpg

Cylon9.jpg

Cylon10.jpg

Cylon11.jpg

I hope you enjoy them.

Brad

Nice. :)

How does the mouth grill fit into/onto the helmet? are those holes for bolts?

I can understand the grill section being separate but I didn't know the edges of the mouth were as well. Do they somehow fit over the egdes of the mouth on the plastic helmet?

Jeremy

I'm going to hazard a guess that those side sections mount to the interior of the vac-form helmet.

And I want to make a resounding THANK YOU for sharing all this info and pictures with us.

I'm not anywhere near rebuilding a Cylon (or scratch-building one for that matter), but its always super groovy
to see what's out there and examine how they solved problems back in 1978. Professional curiosity. :)

Thats a great set of pieces you got there. Treat them well. For the preservation of colonial history. : )

-Gordon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spcglider@aol.com @ May 7 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1240009[/snapback]</div>
I'm going to hazard a guess that those side sections mount to the interior of the vac-form helmet.

-Gordon
[/b]

Ahh of course, that makes sense. Thanks Gordon, good thinking :)

Jeremy

What, you mean the Cylons were people in costume?.?

Damn you for spoiling a childhood illusion....

Good luck with it :)

By your command....

Yeah keep the updates coming as and when you can.

I'd be interested to see how the various armour components were put together and how the suits were assembled and worn.

TK7209, d'oh. er... don't worry should have said, the suits were worn by robots in the original series. ;)

Jeremy

That's amazing. To think I used to watch this every Sunday night, after Buck Rodgers. I'm sure your suits graced my youthful eyes at some point. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Now that you have your cylon all apart..it would be the perfect time to make molds for Vacuforming so they can be offered to the Forum at a reasonable price... :angel

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back